Cook buckwheat porridge in milk and water for 25 minutes.
How to cook buckwheat porridge
Buckwheat – half a glass
Water – 1 glass
Milk – 1.5-2 cups
Butter – 1 tablespoon
Salt – 1 pinch
Sugar – 2 teaspoons
How to cook
- Pour the grits into a deep bowl and pour water from the tap.
- Mix and remove floating debris from the surface of the water.
- Put the buckwheat in a saucepan and pour water, previously heated in a kettle.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour in milk.
- Add salt, sugar and bring back to a boil.
- Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Cover with a lid and reduce heat to low.
- Keep on low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Mix and put a tablespoon of butter into the porridge.
- Let the porridge brew under a closed lid for another 5-10 minutes.
- Stir again and divide into bowls.
– The density of porridge can be adjusted by the duration of boiling liquid. If you think the porridge is too thin, just evaporate the excess moisture, but if you like the porridge to be thinner, then just add a little more milk.
– Milk is added to porridge 3 – 4 times more cereals. It all depends on how thick your porridge is.
– If you cook buckwheat porridge for a child from 5 months old, then the best solution would be to replace granulated sugar with fructose syrup sold in pharmacies or pastry shops, and the porridge itself after cooking should be rubbed through a sieve into a homogeneous mass.
– Dried fruits such as black raisins quiche-mish, dried apricots and candied fruits are perfect for buckwheat porridge as natural sugar substitutes. You can add fruits such as pear, banana or apricot. Sweet tooth can add jam, condensed milk, honey and grated chocolate to the porridge.
– Buckwheat is a real champion among cereals in terms of protein and amino acid content. For comparison, if in buckwheat there are 13 g of proteins per 100 g of the product, then in pearl barley the same figure is only 3.1 g.
– Sweet buckwheat porridge is suitable for children, it can be served with a chopped apple or banana. Adults can enjoy porridge with cinnamon. Salted buckwheat porridge is delicious with fried onions, bacon, mushrooms, sour cream. Also, if buckwheat porridge is not liquid, you can cook gravy for it .
– If you want to cook buckwheat porridge “smear”, you must first boil 1 cup of buckwheat in 2.5 cups of water (until the water boils away), and only then continue to cook with the addition of milk.
– Calorie content of buckwheat porridge in water – 90 kcal / 100 grams, in milk – 138 kcal.
– When cooking , buckwheat does not interfere, boil porridge under the lid. Stirring is only necessary while adding butter, salt and sugar. Salt and sugar should be added to the porridge a few minutes before the end of cooking, so that all the ingredients are well saturated with sweet or salty taste.