Cook pea porridge from 50 minutes to 1 hour.
How to cook pea porridge
Peas dry unshelled – 2 cups
Salt – 1.5 teaspoons
Water – 6 cups
Preparation of pea porridge
1. Pour 2 cups of dry peas into a colander and rinse thoroughly with water.
2. Pour the peas into a deep bowl, pour 3 cups of cold water, let stand for 5 hours.
3. Drain off any water that has not been absorbed, rinse the peas again.
4. Pour the swollen peas into a saucepan with a thick bottom, pour 3 cups of cold water.
5. Put the pan on medium heat, bring to a boil, remove the resulting foam.
6. Reduce heat and cook porridge for 30 minutes.
7. Pour 1.5 teaspoons of salt into the porridge, mix, cook for another 20-30 minutes.
8. Ready (boiled and no longer crispy) mash the peas with a crush to make mashed potatoes.
Fuss facts about pea porridge
You can cook the peas directly in the water in which the peas were soaked.
The ideal pan for peas is thick-walled and with a thick bottom. In such a pan, the peas will not burn and will boil evenly.
Simple pea porridge can be served with fried onions or carrots.
Serve the pea porridge topped with olive oil, cream or melted lard with cracklings.
Pea porridge is eaten both hot and cold.
See all the rules for cooking peas .
Pea porridge with meat
Dry peas – 2 cups
Water – 6 cups
Pork pulp – 500 grams
Onions – 2 pieces
Salt – 2 teaspoons
Black pepper – half a teaspoon
Sunflower oil – 2 tablespoons
How to cook pea porridge with meat
1. Wash 2 cups of dry peas, pour 3 cups of cold water, leave for 5 hours to swell.
2. Wash the meat and cut into cubes.
3. Peel 2 onions and cut into half rings.
4. Transfer the peas to a saucepan, add 3 cups of water and cook for 30 minutes, then add 1 teaspoon of salt and cook for another 30 minutes. Crush the boiled peas with a crush.
5. Pour 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil into a frying pan, heat for 1 minute over medium heat, add meat, fry for 5 minutes.
6. Stir the meat cubes, fry for another 5 minutes.
7. Add the onion to the pan, fry, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
8. Add half a teaspoon of ground chili pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt, mix, cover the pan with a lid, reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Add meat with onions to the pan with ready-made pea porridge, mix and heat for 2 minutes.
You can not mix meat with onions with pea porridge – just put it on top.