Bruises boil for 10 minutes, drain the water and cook for another 20 minutes in fresh water.
How to boil bruises
You will need – mushrooms bruises, water, salt
1. Clean mushrooms from forest debris, earth, cut off the lower earthy edge of the leg, rinse in cool water.
2. Large bruises cut in half.
3. Put the bruises in a saucepan, pour 2-3 liters of water so that it completely covers the mushrooms, place on medium heat, bring to a boil, cook for 10 minutes.
4. Drain the water from the pot with mushrooms, pour in fresh cool water, wait for it to boil and cook the bruises for another 20 minutes.
How to cook soup with bruises
Mushroom bruise (can be dried – 25 grams) – 4-5 pieces
Potatoes – 5 medium-sized tubers
Onions – 2 heads
Vegetable oil – 50 milliliters
Pitted prunes – 50 grams
Wheat flour – a tablespoon without a slide
Pitted raisins – 80 grams
Parsley – a bunch
of Salt – half a teaspoon
How to cook mushroom soup with prunes and raisins
1. Clean fresh bruises from debris, earth, cut off the lower part of the leg, dried ones – soak in cool water for 30-60 minutes.
2. Pour 2 liters of water into a saucepan, put bruises, place on medium heat, cook for 10 minutes after boiling.
3. Drain the water from the pan with mushrooms, pour in fresh cool water, after boiling, cook for another 20 minutes.
4. Turn over the boiled mushrooms in a colander, cool, do not pour out the mushroom broth.
5. Cut the mushrooms into 1 cm thick cubes.
6. Peel the onion, chop it into strips 5 millimeters thick.
7. Peel the potatoes, cut into cubes 2 centimeters thick.
8. Rinse prunes and raisins, cut prunes in half, pour dried fruits with boiling water for 10 minutes.
9. Pour vegetable oil into the pan, heat over medium heat for 5 minutes.
10. Fry the onion for 5 minutes, add flour, fry for a few more minutes.
11. Pour two tablespoons of mushroom broth into a pan with onions, hold on fire for 5 minutes, remove from the burner.
12. Pour the mushroom broth into a saucepan, bring to a boil over medium heat.
13. Put dried fruits, potatoes in a saucepan with boiling broth, cook for 15 minutes.
14. Add bruises, fried onions with sauce, salt to the soup, bring to a boil, remove from the burner, let it brew for 10 minutes.
15. Wash greens, chop, sprinkle on soup poured into bowls.
– A bruise or Gyroporus blue – a type of tubular cap mushrooms. It has a yellowish or grayish-brown hat with a diameter of 5 to 15 centimeters, which turns blue when pressed. At a young age, the cap is convex, with age it becomes flat. The flesh of the mushroom is white or creamy, at the cut point it also becomes cornflower blue, unlike other bluing mushrooms, which turn dark blue at the break. The leg of the bruise is thickened at the base, 5-10 centimeters long, 1.5-3 centimeters thick, similar in color to a hat. The tubular layer of the cap is white, it also turns blue when pressed.
– The common name is a bruise, the mushroom received because of the bluish legs and hat when pressed and at the cut site.
– The bruise grows in mixed and deciduous forests, more often under birch trees, entering into symbiosis with them. Also, a bruise can be found under oaks and chestnuts. Usually the bruise grows on sandy soil.
– The bruise season is July-September.
– A bruise is rarely found on the territory of Russia and is even included in the Red Book .
– A high- quality young bruise does not have a specific pungent odor and has a pleasant nutty taste. Unlike chestnut gyroporus, it is not bitter, therefore it is considered a more valuable mushroom. A bruise can be boiled, dried, sauces can be prepared from it.
– You can store bruise mushrooms raw for no more than 2 days in the vegetable compartment, in boiled – 2-3 days in broth.