To prepare blueberry compote in a quick way, you only need to boil the syrup – for 10 minutes .
To cook compote in a slow way, cook compote for 20 minutes .
How to cook blueberry compote
for 2 liters of compote Blueberries – 800 grams
Water – 1.5 liters
Sugar – 300 grams
Preparation of products
1. Sort blueberries, from leaves and stale, too soft berries – only dense ripe berries are suitable for compote.
2. Put blueberries in a colander, rinse under running water and then pour on a napkin.
3. Let the blueberries dry and place in a bowl.
How to quickly cook blueberry compote
1. Divide blueberries into jars.
2. Boil water, add sugar and stir in water.
3. Boil the syrup for 10 minutes with constant stirring, then pour the blueberries over the shoulders of the jars with the syrup.
Slow way to cook blueberry compote
1. Pour water into a saucepan, add berries, put on a large fire.
2. After boiling, pour sugar into the water and gently stir it.
3. Cook blueberry compote for 20 minutes after boiling over low heat.
4. Pour the finished compote into jars.
Harvesting compote for the winter
1. Sterilize jars for compote by pouring 100 milliliters of water into them and holding them for a minute or two in the microwave.
2. Sterilize the lids, roll up jars of compote with them, turn them upside down.
3. Wrap jars with compote with a warm cloth and cool for 12 hours to room temperature.
4. Remove jars of blueberry compote for storage – they will be stored for a whole year in a cool, dry place.