It takes 20 minutes to cook cherry compote . If you do not remove the stones from the berries, then 10 large berries will require about 2 hours of pure time.
How to make cherry compote for the winter
– 200-250 grams
Water – 800 milliliters
Sugar – 100 grams
How to cook compote from cherries
1. Thoroughly wash the cherries, remove the stalks and bad berries. In this case, the bones from the sweet cherry should not be removed.
2. Thoroughly wash a liter jar, gently pour boiling water over it and steam sterilize.
3. Fill a sterilized jar with cherries half or 2/3 of the jar and place in a large bowl.
4. In another saucepan, bring 800 milliliters of water to a boil.
5. Fill the jar with berries to the top with boiling water and cover the jar with a lid.
6. Leave compote for 10 minutes.
7. After the compote is infused, drain the water from the jar into a clean saucepan so that the berries remain in the jar.
8. Put on gas in a saucepan with compote, put 100 grams of sugar in it, mix the sugar and boil the resulting syrup for 10 minutes.
9. Fill the jar with berries with boiling syrup to the very top and screw the jar with a sterilized metal lid.
10. Turn the twisted jar upside down and wrap it in a warm blanket.
11. Leave the jars under the covers until the compote is completely cool, after which they can be hidden in a cool place for the winter.
1. As a rule, preparations for the winter are very sweet, so it is better to dilute cherry compote with chilled boiled water when used.
2. If some cherries are spoiled by worms, the berries should be poured with lightly salted water for 1 hour before cooking, then rinsed gently.
3. If, when preparing compote, there is not enough syrup for one jar, boiling water can be added to the jar.
4. In cherry compote, you can add a sprig of mint, a little vanilla, as well as blackcurrants and strawberries or sliced apples.
5. Ready cherry compote can be diluted with carbonated mineral water and drunk instead of soda.
6. Compote can be closed from both red and yellow cherries.
7. Calorie compote from cherries – 80 kcal / 100 grams.
8. Rules for the sterilization of jars : to sterilize jars for a couple, purchase a special nozzle on the pan with a recess for the jar. These nozzles are usually sold in hardware stores. Lower the jar onto the nozzle with the neck down and sterilize over boiling water until the jar from under the jar leaves steam and the jar becomes transparent. This process usually takes 3 minutes.