Steam the squid carcass for 3 minutes .
Steam the squid rings for 2 minutes .
How to steam in a slow cooker
1. Defrost squids, rinse and clean.
2. Place the squid in the steamer basket or rice basket.
3. Pour a couple of cups of boiling water into the main container, place a basket with squid on top, turn on the “Steaming” mode and cook for 3 minutes with the lid closed.
How to cook squid in a double boiler
1. Fill the water tank.
2. Put the squids in the lower tray of the double boiler in 1 row.
3. Cook squid in a double boiler for 3 minutes.
The main reason for steaming squid, and not, as usual, in a saucepan , is that steamed squid practically does not decrease in volume due to minimal contact with water.
You can also steam squid in a saucepan: put 1 row of squids (2-3 carcasses) in a sieve, put a sieve with squids on top of a saucepan with 2 cups of boiling water, cook after boiling water for 3 minutes.
For a uniform taste of steamed squid, you need to salt it after cooking, before serving. Or you can marinate the squid in spices and salt before cooking.