Wash fresh beef under cold water, cut across the fibers into portioned pieces weighing about 30 grams, cutting off large veins. Fry in a skillet for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, over medium heat without a lid. Fry layers of fresh beef for 20 minutes, 10 minutes on each side.
How to Roast Beef
1. Cut the beef into pieces.
2. Pour oil or fat into a preheated pan.
3. Put the pieces of beef on the pan.
4. Fry beef by time:
– Fry pieces of beef weighing 30-35 grams in a frying pan for 25 minutes, over medium heat, without covering with a lid.
– Beef meat, cut into layers , fry for about 7 minutes on each side, if you put oppression on top – 4 minutes on each side.
– Fry the beef sticks for about 20-25 minutes.
Soft Beef Secrets
– Before frying, dip the pieces of beef in oil, sprinkle with salt and spices, cover and leave in a cold place for 2 hours. You can also soak the beef in dry wine, soy sauce, lemon juice, or a mix of these for tenderness.
– Before frying, beef can be beaten off – this will contribute to the softness of the meat.
– When frying beef, it is better to use a frying pan with a ribbed top surface – this will allow the beef meat to be fried, and not stewed in its own juice.
– When laying the beef in the pan, use the rule: the meat should not touch in the pan, but too much distance from the pieces of beef can cause the oil to burn.
– The most tender part of beef for frying is the tenderloin from the back of the beef. The price of such beef is from 600 rubles. (average for Moscow as of June 2016), but when cooking such meat, you can be sure that it will turn out soft.
– If tough beef is used for frying, it is recommended to marinate the meat in soy sauce, mustard, honey or lemon juice. It is recommended to marinate tough beef for at least 3 hours.
– If the beef turned out tough, you can fix it: return the meat to the pan with oil, pour in a little water, add sour cream and simmer for 10 minutes. You can also boil the meat in milk or cream, in a mixture of wine and soy sauce, in cucumber pickle.
How to stew beef
Simmer small pieces of beef (bars 1×4 cm) in a frying pan under a closed lid, in sauce or with the addition of water for 30 minutes. A pound of beef will require 250 milliliters of water or sauce. Fire is medium. For beef, a marinade in which beef has been aged for softness is suitable as a sauce.
The most popular beef stew is beef stew with gravy.
Beef stew with gravy
Beef – half a kilo
Onions – 2 small heads
Carrots – 1 medium-sized carrot
Flour – 2 tablespoons
Tomato paste or tomato sauce – 2 tablespoons
Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
Dill – 1 small bunch
Bay leaf – 2 pieces
Black peppercorns – 7 peas
Salt – half a tablespoon
1. Beef, if frozen, defrost, wash and dry.
2. Cut the beef across the grain into cubes with a side of 2 centimeters.
3. Preheat the pan, pour in the oil and roll it over the entire surface of the pan.
4. Put the meat in the pan, fry for 7 minutes over medium heat without a lid, stirring occasionally.
5. Transfer the meat to a bowl, leaving the fat.
6. Peel the onion and cut into half rings.
7. Pour the onion into the pan in the beef fat, fry for 5 minutes.
8. Sprinkle the onion with flour, fry, stirring, 3 minutes.
9. Put the meat to the onion, mix.
10. Insert bay leaf, add salt and pepper.
11. Pour 1 cup of water, cover the pan with a lid.
12. Peel and finely chop the carrots, add to the pan and mix.
13. Stew beef for 40 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
14. Add tomato sauce to the pan.
15. Wash the dill, dry and finely chop, add to the stewed meat.
16. Stir the dish, simmer for another 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
Your beef stew with gravy is ready!
How to stew beef with potatoes
Beef – a pound
Potatoes – 5 medium-sized
potatoes Onions – 2 medium-sized heads
Butter – a quarter of a 200-gram pack
Tomato paste – 1 tablespoon
Sour cream – 1 tablespoon
Flour – 1 tablespoon
Bay leaf – 2 leaves
Ground black pepper – 1 teaspoon
Salt – half a tablespoon
1. Prepare a thick-walled pot or cast-iron skillet for stewing.
2. Put the pan on medium heat, put a third of the butter and melt it.
3. Cut the beef into cubes with a side of 2 centimeters and put in a frying pan, fry for 5 minutes.
4. Peel the onion from the husk and cut into thin quarters of the rings.
5. Put the onion in the pan.
6. Pour half a liter of water and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes with a side of 2.5 centimeters.
8. Melt the butter in another pan, add flour and mix quickly until there are no lumps.
9. Put the tomato paste and sour cream, half a glass of water and mix quickly.
10. Put the potatoes to the beef, pour in the sauce, add salt and pepper, put in the bay leaf.
11. Stew beef with potatoes for 30 minutes.
In the oven, beef meat can be baked in foil – then the meat should be wrapped in foil 2-3 times so that there are no smudges and the beef meat turns out in its own juice / sauce.