Fry the duck on a fire in coals from 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the weight of the duck and on the way it is prepared for frying.
How to Roast a Whole Duck Over a Fire
Duck – 1 bird
Pork fat – 50 grams
Salt – 1 tablespoon
Pepper – to taste
How to make a duck on a fire
1. Pluck a wild duck, singe over a fire to remove the remnants of feathers.
2. Cut the duck in the center of the breast, remove the insides without damaging the gallbladder.
3. Wash the duck inside and out.
4. Wipe the carcass with paper towels from excess moisture.
5. Rub the duck evenly with salt and pepper inside and out.
6. Frozen lard cut into thin transverse plates.
7. Overlap the outside of the duck on all sides with slices of lard.
8. Tightly wrap the duck in lard in food foil in two or three layers.
9. With a shovel handle or any other stick, push the burning wood in the fire apart, make a hole in the ashes a little deeper than the prepared duck.
10. Put the duck in the hole with its back down, cover it with ashes, coals, put a few burning logs on top.
11. Cook the duck for 45-60 minutes, turn over and fry if necessary.
– Duck on the fire can be marinated : mix 100 grams of melted butter with the zest of 1 large lemon, 2 teaspoons of mustard powder, 1 teaspoon of ground paprika, a pinch of salt, let the marinade stand for 10 minutes before greasing the duck with it.
– On a fire, you can cook not a whole duck, but only a fillet . To make it juicier, before lubricating with marinade, you need to cut the skin on the duck fillet crosswise with a sharp knife, but do not cut through.
– If the duck is wild, it may smell like mud . To get rid of this smell, you can stuff the duck with grated carrots and lemon and remove the skin from the duck. Also, the smell will disappear if the duck is soaked overnight in a solution of lightly salted water.