Fry mussels on a fire in shells for 10-15 minutes. Fry mussels without shells for 5-10 minutes.
How to fry mussels in shells on a fire
1. Shells of mussels, without opening them, rinse in water.
2. Place a cast-iron pan or a metal sheet over the fire on the stones so that the flame evenly warms the entire surface – heat should come from it.
3. Put closed shells with mussels on the surface of a heated pan or metal sheet.
4. Cook for 10-15 minutes, turning the mussels occasionally, until the shells begin to crack and open.
5. For ready-made mussels, completely open the shells with a knife, sprinkle the mussel meat with lemon juice, lightly salt to taste.
How to fry mussels on a fire without shells
Mussels (frozen) – 500 grams
Lemon (you can use 50 milliliters of vinegar or soy sauce instead of lemon) – half
Salt – half a teaspoon
Pepper – to taste
How to make mussels on a fire without shells
1. If the mussels are frozen, defrost them in the refrigerator.
2. Wash thawed mussels, remove algae with your hands, if any.
3. Put the mussels in a bowl, salt, pepper, squeeze the juice of half a lemon or pour vinegar or soy sauce, mix, set aside for 15 minutes.
4. Thread pickled mussels on skewers.
5. Hold the mussels on skewers over the coals for 5-10 minutes, turning several times.