Tofu is fried over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side.
How to cook pan fried tofu
Tofu – 250 grams
Soy sauce – 50 milliliters
Garlic – 2 cloves
Cilantro – 1 sprig
Black pepper – 0.25 teaspoon
Red pepper – 0.25 teaspoon
Ground coriander – 0.25 teaspoon
Cucumber – 1 piece
Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
Flour – 2 tablespoons
How to fry tofu 1. Chop the greens.
2. Chop or squeeze the garlic.
3. Finely chop the cucumber.
4. Pour soy sauce into a bowl, add black and red pepper, coriander, herbs, garlic, cucumber, lemon juice.
5. Stir the sauce and let stand.
6. Cut the tofu into 1 cm thick rectangles, season with salt and roll in flour.
7. Fry tofu on both sides for 4 minutes until golden brown.
8. Put the tofu on a plate, pour over the sauce and serve hot.
– Tofu can not be rolled in flour, but dipped in an egg before frying. The rest of the recipe does not change.
– There is an opinion that tofu was developed by accident, when sea water accidentally got into a dish with mashed soybeans, which provoked curdling. According to one version, it appeared in China in the 2nd century BC. In the west, tofu became popular in the second half of the 20th century.
Tofu can be stored in a number of ways:
– Vacuum-packed in the refrigerator (several weeks);
– in a vessel with water, which is changed every 1-2 days (about a week);
– in the freezer (turns yellow when frozen, and turns white when defrosted, becomes more rigid). – Suitable
for fryingonly firm tofu, as it cuts well, holds its shape, and doesn’t melt in the pan.
– Calorie content of tofu – 52 kcal / 100 grams.