In a frying pan , fry the pancakes from the dough for 1 – 2 minutes on one side, turn over and fry for 1 minute on the other side.
In a multicooker , fry for 1-2.5 minutes on each side in the “Baking” mode (the multicooker must be open).
To fry pancakes in a frying pan of 1 liter of milk, you need 1 hour of time and 2 frying pans.
How to fry pancakes
Chicken eggs – 3-4 pieces
Milk with a fat content of 1.5-3.2% – 1 liter
Vegetable oil in the dough – 2 tablespoons
Flour – 10 heaping tablespoons
Sugar – 2 tablespoons
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Vegetable oil for frying – 8 tablespoons
How to fry pancakes in a frying pan Preparation of dough for pancakes
1. 1 liter of milk is slightly warmed up to a temperature of 20 degrees (normal room temperature) and poured into a saucepan.
2. Beat chicken eggs with salt and sugar, pour into a bowl of milk.
3. Gradually add flour to the bowl, stirring the dough until there are no lumps of flour. Alternatively, you can mix the ingredients with a mixer.
4. Add sunflower oil, stir.
How to quickly fry pancakes
Put the pan on high heat, heat 200 milliliters of milk in the microwave for 30 seconds, add 1 egg, half a teaspoon of sugar, a pinch of salt and 2 tablespoons of flour – and mix vigorously.
Pour oil into a hot frying pan and then the dough – no ladles, immediately from the mug, until the frying pan is completely covered with dough. 4 pancakes from approaching the refrigerator to sitting at the table will fry in 10 minutes.
How to pour pancake dough into a pan
Heat up a frying pan, cover with vegetable oil. Ladle to collect the dough, pour in a circle, from the center and clockwise (or, to taste – counterclockwise :-). The movement should be light and fast – and the pan should make a nice sizzling sound. The entire surface of the pan should be covered with batter and ideally evenly.
If it didn’t work out from one ladle to cover the pan with dough, you can take a little more dough with a ladle and add it to the pan.
In which pan to fry pancakes
When frying pancakes, Teflon and cast iron pans are used. The advantages of the first are low oil consumption and ease of turning / removing pancakes, fast heating of the pan. Advantages of the second – the best adhesion to the dough. But the cast-iron pan also has disadvantages – more oil consumption and, of course, the baking time of the pancake, because. cast iron pans are thicker and take longer to heat up. Also, because The corners of cast-iron pans often approach 90 degrees, and working with a wide spatula can be inconvenient.
How to fry pancakes
1. Heat the frying pan, cover the frying pan with oil.
2. Take the dough with a ladle, pour it into the pan, spreading the dough over the entire surface of the pan, fry the pancake for 1-2 minutes on each side. Turn the pancake over when the dough becomes one-colored (the white color disappears), and the edge of the pancake ceases to be soft.
3. After the pancake is removed from the pan, it will “rise” for some time due to the internal temperature. Therefore, it is important to put the newly-baked pancake in a stack hot, grease with oil and cover with a lid – then the pancakes will turn out to be fried inside and, as a result, more delicious.
4. Mix the dough with a ladle, grease the pan with oil, pour the dough for the next pancake.
How to fry pancakes in the microwave
1. Provide flat dishes for pancakes.
2. Grease the dish with a cooking brush.
3. Pour the dough, smooth it over the entire surface of the dish.
4. Put the dish with the dough in the microwave for 1 minute at 800 watts.
5. Fry the pancake for 1 minute, check for readiness (ready pancake can be easily removed from the plate).
6. Turn over and fry for 1 more minute.
How to fry classic yeast pancakes
Wheat flour – 400 grams (14 tablespoons with a slide)
Milk with a fat content of 1-3% – 1 liter (3.5 cups with a volume of 300 milliliters)
Chicken eggs – 4 pieces
Butter – a cube with a side of 3 centimeters
Sugar – 2-3 tablespoons to taste
Yeast – 30 grams
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Vegetable oil for frying – 4 tablespoons
How to make batter for pancakes
1. Pour 1 glass of milk into a thick-walled saucepan and heat to a temperature of 40 degrees (to the touch a little warmer than a finger) over low heat.
2. Pour warm milk into a large bowl, pour yeast into milk, 7 tablespoons of flour with a slide through a sieve, beat with a mixer or mix with a ladle until there are no lumps.
3. Cover the bowl with a lid and leave in a warm place (near the battery or near a working stove) for 1-2 hours.
4. Melt the butter – pour hot water into a large bowl, and put the butter into a small one; dip a small bowl into a large one (so that water does not get into the oil) and wait 10 minutes, the oil will melt.
4. The dough should increase in size, then add chicken eggs, butter, sugar, salt, mix thoroughly.
5. Pour the remaining milk into a saucepan, put on a small fire and heat to 40 degrees.
6. Add 7 more tablespoons of flour to the dough, pour in the remaining milk in a thin stream, constantly stirring the dough.
7. Stir the dough until there are no lumps, cover and put again in a warm place for 1 hour.
8. For the third time, repeat mixing and tincture of the dough.
9. Without stirring, start frying pancakes from yeast dough.
How to fry yeast pancakes
1. Heat up a frying pan, pour a little vegetable oil on it.
2. Scoop the dough with a ladle from above, pour it in a spiral, starting from the middle, into the pan.
3. Wait a minute until the pancake is fried, turn over and fry for 1 minute on the other side.
Put the finished pancakes on a plate, lubricating each with oil.
Pancake Frying Tips
To save oil, you can cut off half a potato, string it halfway on a fork and, dipping a potato (even part) in a saucer with butter, grease a pancake pan.
How to remove pancakes
There are several styles for removing pancakes from the pan. 🙂
1. The usual, spatula method, in which the pancake is rolled in a pan, and, tilting the pan, roll out part of the pancake onto a plate and slightly press this part with a spatula. Then, with a light movement, pull the pan out from under the pancake.
2. The fork method, when the pancake is removed from the pan with a fork and transferred to a plate with a fork, is the most risky for a pancake, but also the most reliable for controlling the quality of pancake baking. A pancake that didn’t break on a fork was definitely baked and not overcooked.
3. A virtuoso way in which pancakes fly off the pan, make a revolution in the air and fly exactly to the middle of the pancake plate. The most graceful, requiring proper training while observing safety precautions.
Usually pancakes are stacked on a large plate, at the end of frying they are covered with another plate or a lid so that the pancakes do not cool for a long time. Lubricate each new pancake with butter.
What kind of fire to fry pancakes
Fry pancakes on a medium fire of a medium burner, or on a quiet fire of a wide burner, or on a strong fire of a small burner. Choose a burner according to the size of the pan.
If pancakes, then pancakes!
If the pancakes are dry , you should add butter and milk to the dough.
If the pancakes are bubbling in the center, you can prick the pancake with a fork – then it will stop bubbling.
If the pancakes are torn , add a little flour and an egg.
If pancakes stick to the pan, it is worth turning the pan with a pancake from time to time – perhaps the stove or pan is not level. Vegetable oil should be added to the dough itself. If the pancake does not stick strongly to the pan, remove the pan from the heat and twist it horizontally in a circle – then the pancake will come off without damage. Then return the pan with the pancake to the fire, hold for a couple more minutes until it is completely cooked, and turn over.
You can also try to wash the pan thoroughly, and then re-grease the pan with oil, and if the pan is clean still holding pancakes, add 1 egg and a tablespoon of flour to the dough.
If the pancakes break when turned over, the dough is dry, you should add milk and butter.
If you fry a large number of pancakes and do not want them to cool down, you can put the fried pancakes in a warm (50 degrees) oven.
What to fry pancakes
sorted by complexity
– in vegetable oil, lubricating the pan with it; – on melted butter, similar to vegetable; – on lard, pry a piece of lard with a fork and grease a hot frying pan with it; – completely without oil and fat, but then the oil is generously added to the dough itself; – Specially made ghee from butter: put the butter in a small deep thick-walled saucepan and put on fire. During 30-40 minutes of cooking, remove the foam, strain into a bowl and cool. Cover the bowl with fat and put it in the refrigerator, it will harden within a few hours. It is necessary to remove the fat and use it to lubricate the pan before frying the pancakes.
How to reheat pancakes
Pancakes can be heated in 2 ways: 1) in the microwave: put 2-4 pancakes on a plate, put in the microwave and heat at a power of 650-700 kW for 1 minute. Then turn the stack of pancakes over and heat for another 30 seconds.
2) in a frying pan: put pancakes in a cold frying pan (can be without oil), cover with a lid and heat for 2 minutes over moderate heat. Then flip the stack of pancakes and reheat for another 2 minutes.
How to cook frozen pancakes
Frozen pancakes are semi-finished products with filling, without defrosting, put on a hot frying pan, poured with vegetable oil. Fry pancakes on one side for 5 minutes over medium heat, then turn over, fry for another 5 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons of water, cover and fry over low heat for 5 minutes.
1. The most popular, exquisite and expensive filling for pancakes is red caviar. Pancakes with red caviar are the perfect snack for vodka.
2. Pancakes with honey, jam, condensed milk are usually served with tea.
3. For breakfast, pancakes with cottage cheese and herbs are common.
4. As an appetizer, pancakes with sour cream are ideal.
5. As an independent dish, pancakes can usually be served:
– pancakes with minced meat,
– pancakes with red fish,
– pancakes with ham and mushrooms,
– pancakes with zucchini and cheese,
– pancakes with chicken meat and mushrooms,
– pancakes with chicken meat and vegetables,
– pancakes with eggs and herbs,
– pancakes with chicken liver and buckwheat porridge,
– pancakes with melted cheese and eggs,
– pancakes with Feta cheese,
– pancakes with smoked mackerel fish
– pancakes with liver pate and cucumbers
– pancakes with beetroot fried with onions.
How to keep clean when frying pancakes
When frying pancakes, there is quite a lot of time for other things. You can cultivate an internal timer in yourself (or use ours) so that by the end of frying pancakes, there is as little cleaning and dishwashing left as possible. Of course, if you fry pancakes in 2-3 pans, then there will be no time left, but if you still use one, then you can follow a simple rule: for extraneous matters, there are 30-40 seconds after pouring into the pan – then you need to return to the stove and check damn it. If you fry pancakes from 1 liter of milk, you will get 15 pancakes: while frying the first pancake, pour oil in a saucer and prepare half the potatoes, during the next 3, remove the food in places and wipe the table / stove, then collect and wash dirty dishes. During the frying of the last pancakes, it is recommended to ventilate, brew tea, lay out the fillings and put dishes and cutlery for tea drinking with pancakes. Finally, while frying the last pair of pancakes, wash or collect the remaining dishes in the washing machine – saucer, fork, pan, ladle.
How to serve pancakes
– If pancakes are served as a main course for a small number of people, or as a dessert, then a common plate of pancakes and a fork are served so that each of the participants in the meal takes pancakes on their plate with this fork, specially designed for pancakes. The fillings are laid out in bowls and a teaspoon is placed in each. Each participant in the meal should have his own fork and spoon for spreading the filling on the pancake, as well as napkins for wiping hands, so as not to take common spoons with oily hands.
– If pancakes are served to a large number of people, you should use 1 common plate for pancakes, and for fillings, provide either several bowls in different parts of the table, or a set of fillings for each person separately.
How to eat pancakes
– If the filling is thick (cottage cheese, caviar, sour cream), then you can lay out the filling along the diameter and then roll the pancake into a tube, envelope or triangle.
– If the filling is liquid (honey, syrup, jam, liquid sour cream), then spread the filling all over the pancake – it will be absorbed into the pancake and will not drip in any way to roll the pancake.
– So that the filling does not drip from the pancake, you can roll the pancakes into a tube and then in half – and start eating from the folded ends of the pancake.
“Mlyn” is most directly related to pancake, because it means “grind” (dough). Classic Russian pancakes are made with yeast and choux pastry. Particular attention was paid to the dough for pancakes, preparing it in advance with sayings and sayings, believing that it would be possible to improve the taste of pancakes in this way. Ideal Russian pancakes – with frequent holes, due to them, pancakes absorb the filling, making them so tasty.
Mordovian pancakes are usually made from different flours – they mix buckwheat and pea, wheat with corn, etc.
In Russia, pancakes are fried mainly on Maslenitsa, in 2021 Maslenitsa is celebrated from March 8 to March 14. But in England there is a similar holiday “Fat Tuesday”, when English hostesses, dressed in unusual outfits, run at a speed of 400 meters, holding a hot frying pan with a pancake. For a path of 400 meters, you need to turn the pancake over the most times on the run.
Calorie content of pancakes – 250 kcal / 100 grams.
The approximate weight of 1 pancake is 45-50 grams.
If you are frying pancakes for the arrival of guests, keep in mind that a standard pancake serving is 3-4 pancakes. On Maslenitsa, you need to cook more (5 pancakes per person), and serve pancakes as the main dish.
The shelf life of fresh pancakes is 3 days in the refrigerator, you can put them in the freezer for 1 month. Semi-finished pancakes are stored in the freezer for six months.
The cost of products for making pancakes according to a simple recipe is from 110 rubles / 14 pancakes with a diameter of 20 centimeters (on average in Moscow as of June 2017). If we compare the cost with the price of store-bought pancakes, we will get the same price, but the composition of the products will most likely be worse. Instead of fresh milk, most likely, dry or whey will be used; instead of fresh eggs – egg powder or melange. It is also worth noting that frozen pancakes after defrosting and heating are fried and reduced in weight.