Before cooking, rinse the wheat in a sieve, pour it into a saucepan and pour boiling water (4 cups of water per 1 cup of cereal), soak for 4 hours, you can even put it in the refrigerator overnight. Drain the water, pour in fresh cold water and put the pan on the fire. Boil wheat for 2 hours . At the same time, it is important to monitor the water level – it should cover the wheat throughout the entire cooking time. 15 minutes before the end of cooking, salt the wheat, drain the water.
Boil artek wheat for 15-20 minutes without soaking.
How to cook crushed wheat (Artek)
You will need – 1 glass of cereal 2-5 glasses of water
1. Do not rinse crushed wheat, pour it into a saucepan and pour boiling water (2-5 glasses of water per 1 glass of cereal, depending on the desired density of wheat porridge), put the saucepan on fire.
2. Stir, cook crushed wheat for 15-20 minutes with constant stirring.
3. Salt the wheat 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
4. After cooking, insist boiled wheat for 20 minutes.
How to boil shelled wheat (asurelik bugday)
1. Pour peeled wheat (Asurelik bugday) into a saucepan, pour boiling water, soak for 8-10 hours.
2. Drain the water, pour boiling water over it, put on fire and cook for 1 hour, cook for porridges for 2-3 hours.
Fun facts about cooking wheat
Tips for Cooking Wheat
– Wheat is processed automatically, so it must be thoroughly washed before cooking.
– For different dishes, it is required to cook wheat in different ways: for example, for pilaf or porridge, wheat should be cooked until the grain is completely soft, and for salads, cereals are suitable, a little hard on the bite.
– You can buy wheat in grocery hypermarkets and pharmacies in the form of cereals and in bags. Sprouting wheat can be cooked in the usual way.
All about wheat
– The price of wheat – from 20 rubles / kilogram (on average in Moscow as of April 2017).
– Wheat is the basis of cereals. Flour, pasta, semolina, couscous, bulgur are made from it. Wheat-derived cereals are healthy and nutritious, as well as convenient to prepare: as a rule, they do not require soaking and do not cook for long. However, it is wheat that is the most useful cereal, so it is recommended to use it for maximum benefit.
– For a change, wheat can be boiled in meat broth.