Soak adzuki beans overnight, then cook for 10 minutes after boiling and boil with sugar for 1 hour over low heat with a slight boil, then drain and boil until thick. If there is no time for soaking, cook adzuki for 1.5 hours.
How to cook anko
Adzuki beans – 250 grams
Sugar – 1.5 cups
Salt – 1 teaspoon of salt
How to cook anko: Method
1 1. Put adzuki beans in a saucepan, pour cold water in a ratio of 1:2 (2 cups of water for 1 cup of beans) and put on a quiet fire.
2. After boiling, cook the beans for 45 minutes.
3. Add 1.5 cups of sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt and stir to dissolve.
4. Cover the pan with a lid and cook adzuki with sugar for 45 minutes.
5. Rub the beans through a sieve 1 or more times, depending on the desired consistency.
How to cook anko: Method 2
1. Place adzuki beans in a saucepan, cover with water.
2. Salt the beans and cook for 45 minutes after boiling under a closed lid.
3. Rub the adzuki through a sieve, removing the tough skin of the bean and leaving only the pulp.
4. Add sugar and salt to adzuki, mix and pass through a sieve again.
How to cook delicious anko
Anko, also known as adzuki paste, ogura, hundosha, and sweet bean paste, is a Chinese-invented dessert. In Russia, this would be the name of bean jam.
To prepare anko, you need a special variety of beans – angular beans, otherwise called adzuki or angular cowpea.
For the preparation of fillings for sweet pastries, the 2nd method of cooking anko is used so that the filling is the softest (without inclusions of the shell). Sugar is also added to anko for extra softness.
Ideally, Japanese white sugar johakuto should be used for making anko.
Anko is used in the preparation of many dishes in China, Japan, Korea, giving them a moderate sweetness or density.
In the anime television series Naruto is referred to as a character named Anko Mitarashi, after his favorite treat.
The cost of products for making anko pasta is 170 rubles. (on average in Moscow as of July 2019).