Boil the vegetable broth in a saucepan for 20 minutes over medium heat under a covered lid.
In a multicooker , first put the vegetable broth for 20 minutes in the “Baking” mode, simmer the vegetables without pouring water, but only by putting the vegetables and oil, then cook for half an hour with water in the “Stewing” mode.
How to cook vegetable broth
Water – 2 liters
Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
Onion – 1 piece
Carrot – 2 pieces
Parsley root – 1 piece
Tomato – 1 piece
Garlic – 2 cloves
Parsley – 6 sprigs
Dill – 6 sprigs
Thyme – 3 sprigs
Black pepper – 5 peas
Bay leaf – 2 jokes
Salt – 1 teaspoon
1. Wash and clean vegetables (carrots, onions, tomatoes, parsley root), finely chop.
2. Put the vegetables in a cooking container (in a pot or slow cooker).
How to cook vegetable broth in a saucepan
1. Pour vegetables with water (2 liters), add salt, pepper, bay leaf; add green sprigs (parsley, dill, thyme) and garlic (put it in the form of whole cloves). 2. Put the pot with the future broth on a strong fire, after boiling, reduce the fire, cover the pan with a lid.
3. Cook the broth for another 20 minutes.
How to cook vegetable broth in a slow cooker
1. Put the vegetables on the bottom of the bowl, pour vegetable oil, turn on the “Baking” mode and fry the vegetables for 20 minutes.
2. Pour vegetables with water (2 liters), add sprigs of greens (parsley, dill, thyme) and garlic.
3. Add seasonings (salt, pepper and bay leaf).
4. Turn on the “Extinguishing” mode, close the multicooker with a lid and cook the broth for another 60 minutes.
Your vegetable broth is cooked! Strain the finished broth through a sieve, and remove the vegetables.
– To prepare vegetable broth, you can additionally use white cabbage or broccoli, cauliflower will also add a pleasant taste. Potatoes will make the taste richer, and beets will give a burgundy color.
– You will need approximately 500 grams of vegetables and 1.5 liters of water to prepare 1 liter of vegetable broth.
– Vegetable broth can be stored in the refrigerator for three days, and you can also freeze it – then it will be stored for six months.
– In addition to the greens listed in the recipe, leeks, cilantro, mint, basil and lovage can be added to the vegetable broth.
– Vegetable broth can be used to make soups, risotto, stews, sauces.
– The calorie content of vegetable broth is 13 kcal / 100 milliliters.
– Salting the vegetable broth is necessary at the beginning of cooking, so that the broth turns out to be more rich.