Sabji cook for 1 hour.
How to cook sabji
Panir cheese (can be replaced with suluguni, chechil or Adyghe cheese) – 250 grams
Tomato – 1 piece
Potato – 3 tubers
Sweet bell pepper (red or yellow) – 1 piece
Cabbage – half a head of cabbage weighing 2 kilograms
Ginger root – 1 centimeter
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves – 2 pieces
Hot red pepper – half a pod
Ground coriander – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric – a pinch
Dried shamballa leaves – 1 tablespoon
Asafoetida – a pinch
Ghee oil (can be replaced with vegetable oil) – 3 tablespoons
Ground black pepper – 1/3 teaspoon
Salt – half a teaspoon
How to cook sabji
1. Put ghee in a deep frying pan, put on a quiet fire, melt the butter.
2. Wash, peel and chop the ginger and red capsicum.
3. Put in a pan with cumin oil, keep on medium heat for a couple of minutes until the seeds begin to crackle.
4. Add the ginger and red pepper to the cumin seeds and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes until the ginger is golden brown.
5. Put coriander, asafoetida, black pepper, curry, shamballa, turmeric in a frying pan with spices, mix, hold for 2 minutes over medium heat.
6. Cut the cheese and peeled potatoes into squares 2 centimeters thick.
7. Chop the cabbage into strips 4 centimeters long.
8. Wash the bell pepper, remove the seeds and the stalk, cut the flesh into squares 2 centimeters wide.
9. Put cheese in a pan with spices, fry over medium heat for 5 minutes until a crust forms.
10. Add vegetables to the cheese and spices: potatoes, cabbage, pepper, salt, mix, fry over high heat for 3 minutes.
11. Reduce heat to low, pour vegetables with 100 milliliters of hot water, cover, keep on medium heat for 10 minutes.
12. Dip the tomato in boiling water for 2 minutes, remove, peel, cut into cubes 1 cm thick.
13. Add a tomato to the pan with vegetables, cook for 15 minutes under a lid over low heat.
Sabji is an Indian vegetable dish made from vegetables stewed in curry sauce.
– From the Hindi language, the word sabji is translated as vegetables.
– Sabji is served hot with chapatis and boiled rice .
– The dish is made from potatoes, broccoli, zucchini, cabbage, tomato and pepper, sometimes beans and nuts are added, and even coconut flakes. Saffron, nutmeg, cloves, black and red pepper, cinnamon, nuts, ginger, mint, mustard, herbs, and garlic are added to the sauce.
— There are many types of Sabji in India. The ingredients included in the dish vary by region and season.
– Indians mix sabji with rice and eat with their hands or with the help of a chapati cake, scooping a little sabji onto it.