The shells and heads of shrimp in a rich broth should be boiled for at least 1 hour. To get 1 liter of broth, you need at least half a kilo of shells and heads.
How to cook shrimp broth
shells and heads – half a kilo
Water – 1.2 liters
Carrots – 1 large
Onion – 1 large
Celery – 1-2 stalks
Allspice – 2 peas
Bay leaf – 1 small
Water – 3-4 liters
How to cook
- Put the kettle on fire.
- Fry the vegetables in a small amount of oil in the bottom of the pan until golden brown.
- After the vegetables begin to turn golden, add the shrimp heads, shells and seasonings to them.
- Fry the shells for 5-10 minutes, stirring and pressing the heads in order to squeeze the juice out of them.
- When the shells turn red, fill them with boiled water from the kettle.
- Wait until it boils again and reduce the fire to a minimum.
- Cook for 1-1.5 hours over low heat, periodically removing the foam.
- After boiling, strain the broth through a sieve into another pan – you should get about 1 liter of rich broth.
Proper shrimp broth
Shrimp shells with heads, fraught with a huge amount of flavor. Even if you bought shrimp without heads, then an excellent broth will turn out just on the shells.
If you do not have celery or you just do not like it, then the broth can be cooked without it.
From shrimp, you can cook completely shrimp broth, or you can add a few shells or heads when cooking broth from fish or even chicken.
If you have dill in the refrigerator, then its stems can be added to the broth in 20-10 minutes – this will add saturation to the broth. Shrimp broth can be used to make a creamy soup in a hurry. To do this, add a few “friendship” curds, some dill, green onions and a few shrimp to it, and if you have cream and broccoli, then add them and it will turn out even tastier.
to share with friends