Boil Tteokuk for 2 hours.
How to cook tteokguk
Beef brisket – 200 grams
Chicken eggs – 2 pieces
Leek – 2 stalks
Radish – 50 grams
Garlic – 6 cloves
Rice flour – 1 glass of 250 milliliters
Sesame oil – 1 teaspoon
Sesame seeds – 2 teaspoons
Soy sauce – 3 tablespoons
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Ground black pepper – 1 teaspoon
How to Make Ttoki Soup
1. Combine 1 cup glutinous rice flour, 1 teaspoon salt and half a cup water in a small saucepan.
2. Line a large pot with a cotton towel along the bottom, pour in 2 cups of water, put a pot with rice mixture on top.
3. Put the structure on the fire and cook the tteki in a steam bath for 25 minutes after boiling.
4. Remove the steamer and transfer the hot kneading dough to a bowl.
5. Knead the hot dough in a bowl with a mixer until it becomes plastic to the touch – within 15 minutes.
6. Blind tteoki: roll up a sausage with a diameter of 1.5-2 centimeters, and cut it obliquely into sausage slices; ttoka thickness – 4-6 centimeters.
7. Defrost the beef, if it was frozen, rinse and put in a saucepan.
8. Pour in 1 liter of water, put the pan on the fire.
9. Bring the water to a boil and drain the first broth.
10. Wash the meat with warm running water and put in a washed pan, pour 1 liter of water and put on fire.
11. When the water in the pan boils, add 1 stalk of leek, 50 grams of radish, 5 cloves of garlic to the meat and pour 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
12. Cover the pan with a lid and leave the broth to simmer for 1 hour.
13. After 1 hour, remove the meat from the pan, strain the broth through a sieve.
14. Separate the protein from the yolk and fry in a pan separately from each other.
15. Cut the scrambled eggs into diamonds to decorate the soup fried protein, egg yolk and 1 stalk of leek.
16. Disassemble the meat into fibers and marinate for 20 minutes in a mixture of: 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds, 1 pinch of salt and black pepper and 1 minced garlic clove.
17. Put the strained broth back on the fire, add the chopped tteoks to it and cook for 3-4 minutes until the tteoks rise to the surface.
18. Pour the broth into bowls, garnish with herbs, meat, scrambled eggs and sesame seeds.
— Tteokguk is a festive dish of Korean cuisine with dumplings. According to the signs of the East, a cup of tteokguk prolongs life.
— Traditionally, tteokguk is cooked with boiled egg and marinated meat.
Ttoki are rice cakes traditionally eaten by Kareans. Depending on the occasion, tteok is prepared with different fillings.
– It is recommended to prepare the tteokki the day before making the tteokguk. Pre-cooked tteok dries up on top, and inside they remain soft and tender, which allows them to boil evenly.
– Tteokguk is served with salt, ground black pepper and soy sauce on the table.