Boil soto soup for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
How to cook soto soup
Chicken breast – 200 grams
Rice – 150 grams
Garlic – 3 teeth
Lemongrass – stalk
Green onion – arrow Galangal
root – 5 centimeters
Tomato – piece
Soybean sprouts – 100 grams
Ground turmeric – teaspoon
Lime – piece
Ground coriander – teaspoon
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Chili powder – a teaspoon
Vegetable oil – 30 milliliters
Salt – half a teaspoon
Ground pepper (white or black) – on the tip of a knife
How to cook soto soup
1. Pour 2 liters of water into a saucepan, place on a strong fire, wait for it to boil.
2. Wash the chicken, put in a pot of boiling water, cook over medium heat for 30 minutes after boiling.
3. Remove the boiled chicken from the broth, separate the meat from the bones, divide the fillet into small pieces with your hands.
4. Wash green onions, cut into rings.
5. Wash the tomato, divide it into 4 identical parts.
6. Wash the lemongrass, separate the white part of the stem, cut it into strips 1 centimeter long.
7. Wash the galangal root, cut into slices 3 mm thick.
8. Put garlic, galangal, turmeric, coriander, a tablespoon of vegetable oil into a blender, grind to a homogeneous yellow paste.
9. Pour the remaining vegetable oil into a deep saucepan, place over medium heat, heat for 1 minute.
10. Put chopped lemongrass and yellow spice paste into a preheated stewpan, fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
11. Pour chicken broth into a saucepan with pasta, mix, wait for it to boil.
12. Put slices of tomato, chopped onion in a saucepan with broth, keep on medium heat for 20 minutes.
13. Pour coconut milk into the broth, put salt and pepper, wait for it to boil, cook for 3 minutes, remove from the burner.
14. Pour half a liter of water into a separate pan, boil, remove from heat.
15. Dip the soybean sprouts in boiling water for a minute, tip into a colander and rinse under cold water.
16. Pour 500 milliliters of water into a separate saucepan, add a pinch of salt, put rice, put on medium heat, cook for 20 minutes after boiling – the water should evaporate.
17. Press boiled rice in the form of small cylinders – ketupats, then cut each ketupat so that oval petals are obtained.
18. Divide soybean sprouts, chicken meat, rice ketupaps on plates, pour over broth, squeeze lime juice.
Serve the soup with ketupats in it.
Soto is a national Indonesian soup made from broth, meat, vegetables and spices. The most popular variation of Soto soup is soto ayam. This is a yellow spicy chicken soup commonly served in all cafes in Indonesia. The yellow color is achieved through the use of turmeric.
– Soto soup is common throughout Indonesia from the island of Sumatra to the province of Papua. It can be ordered in expensive restaurants, cheap cafes and street stalls. — Soto soup is usually served with boiled rice wrapped in banana leaves and served with ketupat.
— Ketupat is a dumpling made from pressed boiled rice packed in palm leaf bags.
– Rice dumplings in the soup can be replaced with rice or “glass” noodles.