To prepare 3 liters of tomato juice, it will take 1 hour, of which cooking – from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the method of preparing tomato juice.
How to make tomato juice
Products for harvesting 3 liters
Tomatoes – 4 kilograms
Salt – 1 teaspoon without a slide
Sugar – 1 tablespoon without a slide
Ground black pepper – to taste
1. Wash the tomatoes and cut each into 4 parts. If the tomatoes are processed by hand, then the stalks should be cut out. If it is a meat grinder, then it will also grind the stalks into juice.
2. Tomato halves either pass through a meat grinder, or through a blender, or with your hands: put in a sieve and rub into a saucepan.
3. Pass the tomato mass through a sieve to remove the remnants of the seeds.
How to cook tomato juice in a saucepan
1. Place the saucepan with the tomato mass over medium heat and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat, add sugar and salt, pepper to taste, cook the juice for 5 minutes with constant stirring, removing the foam.
3. Pour tomato juice into sterilized jars or bottles.
4. Cover the jars or bottles with lids, previously soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes, then cool to room temperature, covered with a warm blanket, and put away for storage.
How to cook tomato juice in a jar
1. Pour tomato juice into jars – first in a thin stream so that there is no temperature drop and the jar does not burst.
2. Put a towel on the bottom of the pot (or several pots), pour in hot water according to the level of juice in the jar.
3. Put the juice at the bottom of a pot of water and loosely cover with lids.
4. Cook at the quietest boil for 10 minutes, and if foam forms, be sure to remove it.
5. Screw the jars with lids, cool and put away for storage.
How to cook tomato juice in a multicooker
1. Set the multicooker to the “Baking” mode, lay out the tomatoes.
2. Add salt, sugar, ground black pepper and cook in the same multicooker mode (with the lid open) for 5 minutes after boiling, stirring.
3. Pour tomato juice into jars and roll up with sterilized lids.
How to cook tomato juice in a juice cooker
(the method is suitable for harvesting a large amount of juice)
1. Pour as much water as possible into the lower pan.
2. Place a juice pan on top, a mesh pan with halved tomatoes on top.
3. Lower the tube into the juice storage tank.
4. Put the juicer on the stove, cook until all the tomatoes have settled – about 40-50 minutes.
– Tomato juice can not be boiled, but only brought to a boil and held at 90 degrees – in fact, this way the maximum benefit is preserved. However, keep in mind that at the slightest violation of storage conditions, the juice can give a fungus or deteriorate.
– Tomatoes contain acid, which helps to keep for years even without the addition of salt, sugar and vinegar. So that the juice does not spoil during long-term storage, add 1 tablespoon of 9% vinegar when cooking.
– When preparing a large amount of tomato juice, it is recommended to use a meat grinder with a filter for tomato skins, and pass the skins through the meat grinder several times.
– The most important nutritional property of tomatoes is to saturate the body with the most important thing – water. Considering the universal taste properties of tomatoes and the fact that tomato juice is one of the few unsweetened ones, it becomes especially important to prepare tomato juice (especially if there are tomatoes on the beds) for the winter.
– For harvesting juice from tomatoes, fleshy varieties are best suited.
– If the tomatoes are dense, they can be cut into cubes during cooking, and then grind the juice with a pusher or blender.
– To taste, when cooking (3 minutes before the end of cooking) tomato juice for the winter, you can add garlic, cinnamon, black and red peppers, cloves.
– If you are allergic to red vegetables, you should use yellow varieties of tomatoes for brewing tomato juice. In this case, the color of the juice will also be yellow.
– The shelf life of tomato juice with proper harvesting is up to 3 years.
– Tomato seeds can be left, but then the juice must be sterilized for 5 minutes.