Steamed rice does not need to be washed before cooking, immediately put in a saucepan and cook for 20 minutes after boiling water. Proportions – for half a glass of rice – 1 glass of water. When cooking, cover the pan with a lid to prevent the water from evaporating faster than necessary, otherwise the rice may burn. After cooking insist 5 minutes .
How to cook steamed rice
You will need – 1 cup of steamed rice, 2 cups of water
How to cook in a saucepan – method 1
1. Measure out 150 grams (half a cup) of rice.
2. Take water in a ratio of 1:2 to rice – 300 milliliters of water.
3. Boil water in a saucepan.
4. Add lightly washed steamed rice, salt and spices.
5. Cook over low heat under the lid, without stirring, for 20 minutes.
6. Remove the pot of boiled rice from the heat.
7. Infuse ready steamed rice for 5 minutes.
How to cook in a saucepan – method 2
1. Rinse half a glass of steamed rice, pour cold water for 15 minutes and then squeeze out the water.
2. Put wet rice in a frying pan, heat over medium heat until the moisture evaporates.
3. Boil 1 glass of water for half a glass of rice, pour in hot rice.
4. Boil rice for 10 minutes.
How to cook steamed rice in a
slow cooker 1. Put the steamed rice in a saucepan, pour water in a ratio of 1:2.
2. Set the multicooker to the “Porridge” or “Pilaf” mode, close the lid.
3. Turn on the multicooker for 25 minutes.
4. After the signal to turn off, leave the rice for 5 minutes, then transfer to a dish and use as directed.
How to cook steamed rice in a steamer
1. Measure out 1 part of rice, pour it into the cereal compartment of the steamer.
2. Pour 2.5 parts of rice into the water container of the steamer.
3. Set the steamer to work for half an hour.
4. After the signal, check the readiness of rice, if you wish, insist or use immediately.
How to cook steamed rice in the microwave
1. Pour 1 part of steamed rice into a deep microwave bowl.
2. Boil 2 parts of water in a kettle.
3. Pour boiling water over the rice, pour in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and add 1 teaspoon of salt.
4. Put a bowl of steamed rice in the microwave, set the power to 800-900.
5. Turn on the microwave for 10 minutes. After cooking, leave the rice in the microwave for another 3 minutes to brew.
How to cook steamed rice in bags
1. The bagged rice has already been pre-processed, so put the bag without opening it into the pan.
2. Fill the pan with water so that the bag is covered with water with a margin of 3-4 centimeters (the rice in the bag will swell and, if the water does not cover it, it may dry out).
3. Put the pan on a quiet fire, you can not cover the pan with a lid.
4. Put a little salt in a saucepan (for 1 bag of 80 grams – 1 teaspoon of salt), bring to a boil.
5. Cook steamed rice in a bag for 30 minutes.
6. Pick up the package with a fork and put it out of the pan on a plate.
7. Using a fork and knife, open the bag, lift the tip of the bag and pour the rice into a plate.
Fun facts about parboiled rice
Parboiled rice is rice that has been steamed to make it fluffy after cooking. Steamed rice, even with subsequent heating, does not lose its friability and taste. True, steamed rice loses 20% of its beneficial properties during steam processing.
Steamed rice does not need to be soaked – it is specially steamed so as not to boil soft and be crumbly after cooking. Just rinse the steamed rice before cooking.
Raw parboiled rice is darker (amber-yellow) in color and translucent than regular rice.
Steamed rice, when cooked, changes its pale yellow color and becomes snow-white.
The shelf life of steamed rice is 1-1.5 years in a dry, dark place. Calorie content – 330-350 kcal / 100 grams, depending on the degree of steaming. The price of steamed rice is from 80 rubles / 1 kilogram (on average in Moscow as of June 2017).
It happens that steamed rice can smell unpleasant (moldy or smoked). Most often this is due to the peculiarities of processing. Before cooking, it is recommended to rinse such rice to clean water. To improve the smell, it is recommended to add spices and seasonings to the rice and fry in oil. If the smell seems too unpleasant, try another brand of parboiled rice.
How to boil steamed rice into porridge
Sometimes, for porridges and pilaf, they take steamed rice for lack of another, and try to boil it into porridge. This can be done quite simply: firstly, put rice in a ratio of 1: 2.5 with water, secondly, stir during cooking, and thirdly, increase the cooking time to 30 minutes. With this approach, even steamed rice will turn into porridge.