Cook rice with vegetables for 30 minutes .
Boiled rice with vegetables
Rice – half a glass
Carrots – 1 medium size
Sweet pepper – 1 piece
Tomato – 1 piece
Green onion – a few sprigs
Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
How to cook rice with vegetables
1. Rinse the rice, add water in a ratio of 1:1 and put on a quiet fire.
2. Salt the water, cover the pan with a lid.
3. Cook rice for 10 minutes until half cooked, then put in a colander and let the water drain.
4. While the rice is cooking, peel and grate the carrots on a coarse grater.
5. Heat the pan, pour in the oil and put the carrots.
6. While the carrots are fried, wash the tomatoes, cut into the skin, pour over with boiling water and remove the skin; cut the tomatoes into cubes.
7. Cut the stalk of the pepper, clean the seeds, thinly cut the pepper into half rings.
8. Put peppers and tomatoes in a pan with carrots, fry for 5 minutes.
9. Put the rice, pour in a quarter cup of water, mix it with vegetables and cook for 15 minutes, covered and stirring regularly.
10. Wash green onions, dry and chop finely.
11. Put boiled rice with vegetables on a plate and sprinkle with green onions.
To make boiled rice with vegetables tastier, you can add spices (ground black pepper, curry, turmeric, saffron, cumin). A more nutritious dish can be made by pouring meat broth instead of water, or by laying out a piece of butter at the end of cooking.
What vegetables to add to rice
Green peas or corn – canned or frozen, zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, greens, broccoli.
How to serve
Serve rice with vegetables, grated cheese and finely chopped herbs, putting soy sauce next to it.
What kind of rice to cook with vegetables
Loose rice is good: long-grain or medium-grain, for example, basmati, Japanese rice.
What to serve
with Rice with vegetables can be served as a light independent dish or as a side dish for chicken, fish, meat. You can complement the dish by adding mushrooms.