Boil pork broth for 2 hours. Boil the broth from pieces of pork for 1.5 hours.
How to make pork broth
Pork on the bone – half a kilo
Onions – 1 head
Carrots – 1 piece
Celery – 2 roots
Garlic – 2 cloves
Bay leaf – 1 leaf
Salt – 1 tablespoon
Thyme and black peppercorns – pinch each
How to cook pork broth
1. Defrost the pork, wash it, remove the hard veins.
2. Peel onions, garlic and carrots.
3. Put the pork in a saucepan.
4. Pour the pork with 3 liters of water and put the pan on a large fire.
5. Add salt, black pepper, thyme, garlic, celery to the pork.
6. As soon as steam appears above the water, make the fire medium.
7. Carefully monitor the foam when removing it.
8. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the pork broth for 1.5 hours.
9. Put the meat out of the pan, strain the broth.
Your pork broth is cooked!
– Caloric content of pork broth – 45 kcal / 100 grams. To make the pork broth less caloric, cool the finished broth and put it in the refrigerator for a day, after which remove the light fat layer with a spoon. Or, when boiling pork, you can bring the water to a boil, then drain the broth and pour fresh water over the pork. This is called “cooking the second broth”.
– The shelf life of pork broth is 7 days, for long-term storage it is necessary to pour the broth into plastic bags and freeze, then it will be stored for up to six months.
– Although the usual purpose of the broth is soup, serving pork broth is delicious with croutons or putting cut boiled chicken eggs in a bowl of broth. It is recommended to sprinkle the broth itself with chopped green onions. Another common use for pork broth is in sauces.
– Seasonings for cooking pork broth – garlic, onions, carrots, cilantro, parsley root and greens.
– Pork broth is recommended to be eaten in moderation: despite the fact that it is very healthy for its content of vitamin B (normalization of metabolism at the cellular level), its excessive use overloads the digestive organs.