Soup from dried shark fins to cook for 16 hours, of which you need to spend 3 hours in the kitchen.
shark fin soup
Shark fins – 2 pieces (dried)
Chicken fillet – 500 grams
King prawns – 500 grams
Chinese dry shiitake mushrooms – 20 grams
Ginger root – 300 grams
Onion – 2 heads
Rice vinegar – 2 tablespoons
Sesame oil – 2 tablespoons
Soy sauce – 2 tablespoons
Corn starch – 2 tablespoons
Chicken broth – 2 liters
How to cook shark fin soup
1. Place dried shark fins in a bowl, add water and leave for 12 hours.
2. The next day, drain the water, rinse the shark fins and soak again in water for 4 hours.
3. Rinse the fins, put in a saucepan.
4. Peel 140 grams of ginger root and place on the fins.
5. Pour water into the pan, put on the stove and cook for 3 hours.
6. Then strain the broth, removing the ginger. Place the shark fins in a bowl and let cool.
7. Clean the cooled product from the skin and meat. They are not required, leave only the cartilage.
8. Peel 1 onion, do not cut.
9. Place shark fin cartilage in a saucepan, add chopped ginger and onion.
10. Pour in the broth, put on fire and cook for 5 hours.
11. Strain the broth, lay out the cartilages separately, after washing them with water.
12. Soak dry mushrooms in warm water for 30 minutes, and then squeeze them out.
13. Rinse the shrimp, peel and remove the intestines from them.
14. Wash the chicken fillet and cut into strips.
15. Peel the remaining onion, finely chop.
16. 10 grams of ginger, peeled, finely chopped.
17. Pour sesame oil into a separate pan, heat it up and add onion, ginger, mushrooms, rice vinegar. Fry 5 minutes. 18. Pour 1 liter of chicken broth into the pan, add cartilage and cook for another 15 minutes.
19. Pour in the rest of the chicken broth, soy sauce, chicken fillet, cornstarch and cook for 5 minutes.
20. Pour the shrimp into the pan and cook for another 2 minutes.
21. Remove the bowl of soup from the heat, let it brew for 10 minutes and serve.
– Shark fin soup is a traditional Chinese dish. It was first prepared in the Ming Dynasty. The dish was served on special occasions: on the day of a wedding or an official reception. If we cite a dish of Russian cuisine of similar importance, real black caviar is well suited in this capacity.
– Shark fin soup has always been considered a symbol of prestige and wealth. Served in fine, expensive restaurants.
— Environmentalists are concerned about the popularity of the soup, because to make it you need to catch a lot of sharks to get fins. Hunting them can lead to ecological imbalance.
– Shark fin soup is expensive. A serving of shark fin soup in Moscow restaurants will cost 3-5 thousand rubles. There are many fakes in restaurants, for example, they cook broth with the addition of shark fins, and the main ingredient of the soup is shrimp or crabs.
– The taste of shark fin soup is very fatty, the consistency of the soup is gelatinous, shark fins, due to the long cooking in it, have a silky texture.
– By now in Russia you can buy semi-finished shark fin soup. You need to cook the soup directly in the bag in a saucepan for 5 minutes, in the microwave – 3 minutes at a power of 800 watts.