1.5 hours, then insist half an hour.
How to cook shurpa
Lamb on the bone – 500 grams
Potatoes – 4 medium potatoes
Tomatoes – 4 pieces
Red bell pepper – 2 small
Carrots – 1 piece
Onion – 2 heads
Salad red onion – 2 heads
Garlic – 1 head
Dill – half a bunch
Coriander – half a teaspoon
Barberry – 10 berries
Basil – half a teaspoon
Ground paprika – half a teaspoon
Salt – to taste
How to cook shurpa
1. Coarsely chop lamb ribs, place tightly on the bottom of the pan.
2. Fill with water so that the water only covers the ribs.
3. Close the lid and cook over low heat for 1 hour, removing the foam.
4. Peel and cut the onion into half rings, mash a little and add to the ribs.
5. Peel and cut the carrots crosswise into 8 pieces, add to the pan. Garlic without peeling put in a pan with broth. Salt and add spices.
6. Wash the bell pepper, remove the seeds and chop coarsely.
7. Peel and coarsely chop the potatoes (medium potato into 4-6 parts), add to the pan, cook for 10 minutes.
8. Peel the red onion, cut into half rings, mash and add to the soup.
9. Peel the tomatoes, cut and add to the soup. Turn off the fire, cover the shurpa with a blanket and put it to boil for half an hour.
How to serve shurpa
Pour the broth into a dish, put the ribs in a wide large plate and vegetables around them. Lavash is served with shurpa. Top the vegetables with chopped parsley.
What to add to shurpa
Optionally, chickpeas or beans can be added to shurpa. To taste, you can squeeze half a lemon into the shurpa broth.
Meat for shurpa
Meat for shurpa is traditionally used mutton on the bone, but you can replace it with beef on the bone or pork on the bone. The use of horse meat is also allowed – it is better to use the fatty parts of the foal.
How much to cook lamb for shurpa
Boil mutton for shurpa for 1 hour, young lamb for 40 minutes.
How to cook a transparent shurpa
In order for the shurpa broth to be transparent, the meat must be boiled at a low boil and the resulting foam carefully removed.