Cook rice with a little fried pumpkin for 20 minutes, then infuse the dish .
Rice with pumpkin
Long-grain rice – 2 cups
Pumpkin – preferably a small whole pumpkin per 700 grams of pulp
Curry – a pinch
Turmeric – 1 tablespoon
Garlic – 5 teeth
Butter – a cube weighing 30-40 grams
Salt – 1 teaspoon
How to cook rice with pumpkin
1. Cut off the “hat” from the pumpkin, cut out the pulp, remove the seeds.
2. Cut the pulp into cubes with a side of 1.5 centimeters.
3. Put the pan with butter on the fire, and while it is heating, peel and finely chop the garlic.
4. Add garlic to the pan, fry for a minute, add pumpkin and all together, stirring regularly, keep on medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
5. While the vegetables are fried, rinse the rice in a sieve several times, put it in a saucepan, add water and put on a quiet fire.
6. Add pumpkin, salt and spices to the rice, cook for 20 minutes, then stir and insist for 10 minutes.
Rice with pumpkin in a multicooker
Rice with pumpkin can be cooked according to the principle of pilaf in a multicooker – first fry vegetables in a multicooker, then pour rice on top and add water. Cook on the “Pilaf” mode for 20 minutes with the multicooker lid closed.
We make baby porridge from the side dish
You can make porridge from the side dish if you remove the garlic and salt, but add honey and vanilla. Children like it if rice with pumpkin is boiled in milk, then you get an excellent breakfast.
What kind of rice to take for cooking with pumpkin
For a crumbly side dish, long-grain rice is needed, in extreme cases, medium-grain. But for porridge, round-grain rice is perfect – it will boil with pumpkin and form a pleasant consistency of the dish.