Depending on the recipe and composition of the products, relish cook for 10-30 minutes.
How to cook cucumber relish
Fresh or pickled cucumbers – 1 kilogram
Water – 1 glass of 250 milliliters
Vinegar 9% – 50 milliliters
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Sugar – 120-150 grams (depending on the sweetness of the cucumbers)
Mustard – 6 teaspoons
Flour – 50 grams
How to make a simple relish
1. If the cucumbers are fresh, wash and peel them. If pickled cucumbers – slightly squeeze them from the marinade.
2. If the cucumbers are fresh, finely chop them, put them in a bowl, add half a teaspoon of salt, mix and leave for half an hour to drain the liquid (do not pour out the liquid).
3. Put finely chopped fresh or pickled cucumbers into a saucepan, put on medium heat.
4. Put the remaining salt in the cucumbers, 120-150 grams of sugar and boil with constant stirring for 10 minutes.
5. Dissolve the flour in 0.1 liters of the drained liquid, pour it into the cucumbers.
6. Put mustard, pour in vinegar, stir and cook for another 10 minutes.
7. Sterilize jars and lids, pour boiled relish into jars, twist and turn over until cool.
How to cook green tomato relish
per 1 liter of ready-made snacks
Green tomatoes – 7 large
Bell peppers – 2 sweet and juicy, can be of different colors
Wine vinegar – 1/5 cup
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Celery (seeds) – 1 teaspoon
Onions – 2 heads
Salt – 2 teaspoons
Sugar – 0.5-1 cup to taste
How to make green tomato relish
1. Wash green tomatoes, do not peel, cut off the rough base of the stalk, cut into 1 cm cubes, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt and mix.
2. Put the tomato slices in a colander lined with gauze, or a large sieve, allow excess moisture to drain for 1.5 hours.
3. Bell pepper (the dish will come out especially colorful if you take red, orange or yellow pepper; ordinary melon pepper will not work) rinse and peel from the stalk and seeds, cut into cubes with a side of 0.5 centimeters.
4. Peel the onion from the husk and chop coarsely.
5. Put the chopped tomatoes and bell peppers into the pan, add all the spices and additives.
6. Bring the future relish to a boil and cook for 30 minutes over low heat with gentle stirring – the pieces of vegetables should not boil soft.
7. Pour boiling relish into sterilized jars up to their shoulders, screw on boiled lids.
– Relish is a type of sauce, while the ingredients must contain pickled or fresh finely chopped vegetables and / or fruits. Relish has Indian roots, Europeans and then Americans were amazed at the variety of textures and tastes of relish. Now the dish is widespread all over the world. An additional feature of relish is the chopping of vegetables – in no case are they crushed into a paste, but chopped into distinguishable pieces.
– Although the name “relish” is not yet widely known in Russia, everyone who has ever tried a classic hot dog is familiar with this dish: a mixture with finely chopped pickled cucumbers is relish. Relishes are usually combined with sausages (including in the dough), they can be added to homemade burgers, side dishes, fish, cutlets and lean meats, as well as simply on a cracker or bread.
– The name “relish” from English means “snack”, “pleasure”.