It takes 1 hour to prepare 0.5 liters of salsa sauce.
How to make salsa sauce
for 0.5 liters
Tomatoes – 1 kilogram
Onions – 1 large head
Garlic – 5 cloves Hot
red pepper – 1 fresh or 1 teaspoon dried
Cilantro – 1 bunch
Lemon juice – from 1 lemon
Salt – 1 tablespoon without a slide
Black ground pepper – to taste
How to cook salsa sauce
1. Wash the tomatoes, cut the stalks, pour generously with boiling water, remove the skin.
2. Cut the tomatoes into cubes with a side of 1 centimeter and put in a saucepan.
3. Peel the onion, chop finely, mash a little with your hands and add to the tomatoes.
4. Wash the pepper, carefully remove the seeds and chop finely, add to the pan.
5. Peel the garlic and chop finely.
6. Add salt and ground black pepper, stir the mixture.
7. Wash the cilantro, shake dry over the sink, and chop.
8. Put the saucepan on the fire and cook for 20-30 minutes until the desired consistency.
9. Squeeze citrus juice into the future sauce.
10. Boil the sauce for another 10 minutes, then cool and serve.
Salsa sauce came to us from Mexico. The peculiarity of salsa sauce is that one ingredient should be sweet, the other should be spicy. In the generally accepted (in Russia) form, these are tomatoes and peppers, however, more original combinations are used in the homeland of salsa sauce . Feijoa and onions, for example.
In the classic salsa variation, the sauce is boiled to become thicker. However, in Russia, as a rule, sauce products can be simply mixed. The salsa sauce will be richer if you insist it after cooking for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
You can quickly cool the sauce by placing the jar of sauce in a saucepan or sink filled with cold water. Salsa sauce is served with chips, french fries, tortillas, quesadillas.
If salsa sauce is being prepared for the winter, then 1 minute before the end of cooking, add a quarter cup of 9% vinegar to it and immediately pour it into hot sterilized jars after cooking.
To prepare salsa, you need to select juicy dense fleshy tomatoes.
Cilantro in the sauce recipe can be replaced with parsley.
If the tomatoes have a thin, tender skin, you can leave it on – but when cooking the sauce, if you want to get a soft sauce, it is recommended to chop the sauce with a blender.
In addition to boiling, vegetables for the sauce can be baked whole in the oven – you should keep them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, bake for 20 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees.
The calorie content of salsa sauce is about 150 kcal / 100 grams.