Cook quince jam with lemon for 2 hours.
How to cook quince jam
Quince – 1 kilogram
Granulated sugar – 800 grams
Lemon – 1 piece
Water – 250 milliliters
Walnuts – 100 grams
Vanilla sugar – 10 grams
1. Thoroughly wash 1 kg of quince so that its surface becomes smooth and remove the core.
2. Cut the quince into slices about 4 mm high.
3. Thoroughly wash and grind 1 lemon with a blender.
4. Pour 400 grams of sugar into the pan and pour in 250 milliliters of water.
5. On average, until the sugar is completely dissolved, boil the syrup.
6. After dissolving the sugar, add the remaining 400 grams of sugar to the syrup and stir.
7. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the syrup for another 5 minutes.
8. Peel 100 grams of nuts and chop them into large pieces.
How to make jam
1. Place chopped quince in a saucepan and pour over sugar syrup.
2. Wait for the boil and cook the jam for 5 minutes after which remove the pan from the stove and put in a cold place for 12 hours to infuse.
3. Repeat the procedure.
4. For the third time, return the jam to the stove and bring to a boil.
5. Add grated lemon, vanilla sugar and chopped nuts to the quince.
6. Boil the jam for 5-7 minutes, then remove from heat and roll up.
– You can add slices of oranges with peel to quince jam with lemon.
– Quince jam turns out to be quite dry, since virtually all the liquid is absorbed into the quince. Therefore, jam is suitable as a filling for pies. If you need to make a more liquid jam, then you need to increase the volume of water to 500 milliliters.
– Calorie content of quince jam with lemon 212 – kcal / 100 grams.