Cook quince jam with nuts for 50 minutes and leave for 24 hours. The total cooking time is about 26 hours.
Quince jam with nuts
for 2 half liter jars
Quince – 1 kilogram of ripe fruits
Kernels of nuts (walnuts) – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 kilogram
Water – 1 cup
How to make quince jam with nuts
1. Chop the walnut kernels (1 glass) with a knife, but not finely.
2. Wash and dry the quince with a towel.
3. Divide the peeled fruits with a knife into four parts, remove the core.
4. Cut quince quarters into slices 5 millimeters thick.
5. Put the peels into the pan – the peel and middle parts of the fruit, pour a glass of water. Boil, boil for 2 minutes.
6. Strain the broth (discard cleaning), return to the pan, add sugar (kilogram). Heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
7. Quince put in syrup, cook for 5 minutes. Leave the jam for 12 hours to infuse.
8. On a very low heat, heat the pot with jam for 15 minutes. Stir. Leave the jam for 12 hours to infuse.
9. Add nuts to quince jam, mix everything, cook for 30 minutes (small fire). Be sure to stir. Assess the condition of the quince slices – if they are not soft enough, add 10 minutes of cooking. Arrange quince jam with nuts in jars, close the lids.
— Rigid and tart quince becomes soft, sweet and surprisingly fragrant only after heat treatment. Quince can not be peeled from the skin – the smell of jam will be richer.
– Quince has a very dense pulp and needs a long heat treatment, especially if the fruits are not ripe enough. Sometimes it is necessary to add another heat-infusion cycle.
– It is very important that the quince is ripe, otherwise the slices will not soak in the syrup and remain tough. Leave green fruits to ripen in a dark place. After ripening, they can be used to make jam.
– You should not use a slow cooker and a bread machine to make this type of jam, since the dessert takes a long time to cook – it is not only boiled, but also insisted.
– A guide that quince jam with nuts is ready is the transparency and softness of quince slices, which acquire an amber color.