It takes almost a day to make jam from watermelon peels.
How to make watermelon rind jam
Watermelon peels – 1 kilogram
Sugar – 1 kilogram
Water – 9 glasses
Soda – 1.5 teaspoons
Lemon – 1 piece
How to cook jam from watermelon peels
1. Peel the peels from the dark peel and cut into cubes with a side of 2 centimeters. Prick each piece with a fork.
2. Dissolve soda in six glasses of water, lay out the crusts and leave for 5 hours – this is necessary so that the crusts retain their structure and become transparent. Then rinse the watermelon rinds.
3. Pour half a liter of water into the pan, add sugar and put on fire.
4. Dissolve sugar in water while stirring, after boiling, put watermelon rinds into the syrup and pour in freshly squeezed lemon juice.
5. Cook watermelon peel jam for 20 minutes, then leave for 4-5 hours.
6. Put it back on a quiet fire, wait for it to boil while stirring, and cool again.
7. Repeat the boiling-cooling procedure until the watermelon peels become transparent.
8. Pour the finished watermelon peel jam into jars, cool by placing the jars upside down, then put away for storage.
Watermelon peel jam and cooking gadgets
How to cook jam from watermelon peels in a bread machine
Cook jam from watermelon peels in a bread machine for 1 hour on the “Jam / Jam” mode. Place sliced watermelon peels in a slow cooker, sprinkle with sugar, add water and cook, stirring once every 20 minutes. After cooking, pour the hot jam into jars and twist.
How to cook jam from watermelon peels in a slow cooker
In a slow cooker, cook jam from watermelon peels for half an hour in the “Stew” mode in three steps. Between doses, take a break until the jam has completely cooled.