Pieces of pumpkin are boiled for 20-30 minutes .
How to cook pumpkin
You will need – 400 grams of pumpkin, water, salt
1. Wash the pumpkin and dry it with a napkin.
2. Cut the pumpkin into 2-6 parts, depending on its size, measure the required amount of pumpkin and peel; pumpkin can have a very hard skin, so in most cases it is convenient to use a sharp saw blade. Put the rest of the pumpkin in the refrigerator.
3. Clean the pumpkin from seeds and pulp, if any.
4. Pour water into the pan – one and a half times more than pumpkins (for example, 450 milliliters of water per 300 grams of pumpkin); put the pot on the fire.
5. Cut the pumpkin into cubes with a side of 2-3 centimeters.
6. Put the pumpkin into the water, cook for 20 minutes after boiling.
7. Check the pumpkin for readiness – the pieces should be easily pierced with a fork; drain the water through a colander.
8. Put the pumpkin on a plate, add oil to taste, salt and mix.
Your pumpkin is cooked!
Pumpkin Cooking Tips
How long to cook different varieties of pumpkin
As a rule, pumpkin is boiled to make complex dishes with it – soups, stews, or additions to boiled cereals. Pumpkin can be eaten raw, but cooking allows you to make the pumpkin softer and emphasize its taste.
The type of pumpkin affects the cooking time – a medium-sized elongated (nutmeg variety) pumpkin can boil soft, this is good for mashed soups, because it will boil during cooking and it will be easier to chop. An elongated pumpkin can be bought in season (autumn), but should be stored for up to a week, since its sweet taste decreases very quickly. Round pumpkin (most often orange). It is large, moderately sweet, but it will also be stored longer. Hard-skinned pumpkin is perfect for stews and porridges, as it requires a long boil. It takes effort to clean and cut it, but in ready-made dishes, pumpkin cubes will not lose their shape.
How much to cook pumpkin pieces in different gadgets
Throw frozen pumpkin into boiling water without defrosting – and cook for 20 minutes.
In a slow cooker, steam the pumpkin slices for 20 minutes.
In a slow cooker, boil the pumpkin with the lid closed on the “Baking” mode for 20 minutes.
In a steamer – 30 minutes.
Boil pumpkin porridge for 25 minutes.
For a child, boil the pumpkin until completely boiled for 30-35 minutes, puree before serving.
How to Quickly
Peel a Pumpkin Before Boiling The peel can make the flesh bitter, so it must be peeled off before boiling. To peel a pumpkin, you can use a sharp knife-saw, it will cope with the peel better than usual. If the shape of the cubes is not important, then you can use the microwave: just put large pieces in the microwave for 3 minutes and during this time the pulp will be easily separated from the peel.
How to cook pumpkin in the microwave
1. Peel the pumpkin from the skin and seeds, cut into cubes or large pieces.
2. Put the pumpkin in a dish for microwave ovens, cover with a lid.
3. Put the dish in the microwave, cook pumpkin pieces for 3 minutes, large pieces for 5 minutes. Power – 800 watts.
4. Sprinkle the pumpkin with salt, sugar and spices, cook for another 5 minutes.
How to cook pumpkin in a slow cooker
1. Wash, dry and peel the pumpkin.
2. Cut into pieces with a side of 2-3 centimeters.
3. Put the pumpkin in the multicooker container.
4. Set the multicooker to the “Baking” mode.
5. Boil the pumpkin for 20 minutes with the lid closed.
How to cook pumpkin in a double boiler
1. Wash, dry and peel the pumpkin.
2. Cut into pieces and put in a double boiler.
3. Salt the pumpkin.
4. Turn on the double boiler, cook the pumpkin for 30 minutes.
How to cook pumpkin for dessert
Fresh pumpkin – half a kilo
Water – 2 cups
Sugar – 6 tablespoons
Cinnamon – 1 stick
How to cook a pumpkin for dessert
1. Wash and clean the pumpkin, chop coarsely.
2. Pour 2 cups of water into a saucepan and put on fire, wait for it to boil and put the vegetable pieces.
3. Add sugar and cinnamon.
4. Cook for 20 minutes, check for readiness.
5. Catch the pumpkin pieces with a slotted spoon and put on a hot dish (you can put the dish under hot water for a couple of minutes and then wipe it with a towel), sprinkle with sugar.
6. Wait until the pumpkin has cooled, then keep it in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Your dessert is ready!
Boiled pumpkin for garnish
Pumpkin – 1 kilogram
Butter – 1 cube with a side of 3 centimeters
White bread crackers – 1.5 tablespoons
Citric acid – a pinch
Salt – 1 teaspoon
How to cook a pumpkin for a side dish
1. Wash the pumpkin, dry it and peel it from the skin and seeds.
2. Pour water into a saucepan, cut the pumpkin and put it in water, add salt – cook for 20 minutes.
3. Drain the water through a colander, return the pumpkin to a hot saucepan, add citric acid and mix.
4. In a frying pan of small diameter, heat the oil, put the crackers and warm it up.
5. Put the pumpkin on a dish, pour oil dressing on top.
Your side dish is ready!
Salad with boiled pumpkin
– 300 grams
Pickled cucumbers – 2 medium
tomatoes Tomato – 1 piece
Onion – half a head
Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
Salt, black pepper, dill to taste
How to make boiled pumpkin 1. Wash the pumpkin, peel and cut into cubes with a side of 1 centimeter, boil in salted water.
2. Place boiled pumpkin pieces on a plate.
3. Cut pickles into thin strips, cut tomatoes into thin slices.
4. Wash and peel the onion, chop finely.
5. Mix everything, salt and pepper, sprinkle with herbs.
How to cook porridge from pumpkin and millet
Products Pumpkin – half a kilo
Millet – 3 tablespoons
Milk – 1 cup
Honey – 1 tablespoon
Butter – 2 tablespoons
Pumpkin porridge recipe 1. Grate pumpkin pulp on a coarse grater.
2. Mix milk and butter, heat in a thick-walled saucepan, add pumpkin and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Then add washed millet, salt and honey.
4. Mix thoroughly and cook under the lid over low heat for another 10 minutes. Wrap the pot with the finished porridge in a towel and leave for 10 minutes.
According to this recipe, porridge can be offered to both children and adults.
– From 300 grams of peeled pumpkin, 280 grams will be obtained. From which it follows that the pumpkin is almost not boiled down.
– Pumpkin in Ukrainian – garbuz.
– Caloric content – 28 kcal / 100 grams.
– It is very tasty and healthy to dry and then fry pumpkin seeds!
Pumpkin can be used by children from 6 months. To cook a pumpkin for a child, after steaming, grind the pumpkin to a puree state. To make the dish hearty, it is recommended to serve boiled pumpkin to a child with dried fruits, honey, butter and roasted pumpkin seeds.