Boil sweet potatoes for 30 minutes.
How to cook sweet potato
You will need – sweet potato and water
1. Wash the sweet potato, cut off the peel with a sharp knife.
2. Divide large fruits into two parts, do not cut small ones.
3. Dip the sweet potato in a saucepan, fill with cold water – it should completely cover the sweet potato.
4. Pour a teaspoon of salt into a saucepan with sweet potatoes, place on medium until water boils.
5. Reduce the heat under the sweet potato pan to low.
6. Boil the sweet potato for 30 minutes with the lid closed.
7. Check the readiness of the sweet potato by piercing it with a fork, the boiled sweet potato should be soft, but should not boil.
Sweet Potato Soup
potatoes – 3 pieces of medium size
Garlic – 3 teeth
Carrots – 1 large
Ginger – 3 centimeters of fresh root
Leek – 2 stalks
Olive oil – 30 milliliters
Dried flax seeds – 3 teaspoons
Cold-pressed linseed oil – 7 drops
How to make sweet potato soup
1. Wash the leek, cut into thin rings.
2. Wash carrots, sweet potatoes, peel, cut into cubes 1.5 centimeters thick.
3. Heat a skillet with olive oil over low heat.
4. Fry the leeks in hot oil for 2 minutes.
5. Put chopped carrots, sweet potatoes to the leeks, fry for several minutes.
6. Pour the fried vegetables with a small amount of boiling water so that it completely covers them, simmer for 15 minutes until soft.
7. Peel and grate the ginger.
8. Add ginger to stewed vegetables, hold on the stove for a minute, remove from heat, cool slightly.
9. Chop the peeled garlic.
10. Put the vegetable mass from the pan into a blender, pour in the linseed oil, grind into a puree.
11. Pour the soup into bowls, garnish with flax seeds.
The sweet potato is a tuber-bearing plant similar to the potato , but larger and sweeter in taste, hence the name “sweet potato”.
– Sweet potatoes are grown primarily in tropical and subtropical countries, in some areas of the temperate zone. Especially popular in India, Indonesia, China. In Russia, sweet potato grows as an annual crop in several regions. In Bashkiria, tubers are germinated in a greenhouse for 5 weeks, after which they are transplanted into open ground. Sweet potato is also grown in Khakassia.
– The calorie content of sweet potato is only 10% higher than that of potatoes (86 kcal / 100 grams), and the amount of nutrients is 2 times higher.
– Sweet potatoes look like potatoes, but do not have eyes. The average length of sweet potato is up to 15 centimeters, and the shape of the tuber depends on the variety and can be round, oblong, ribbed. Sweet potato flesh is yellow, cream, orange, red and purple in color. When cut, white juice comes out of the pulp. The taste of most varieties of sweet potato is tender and sweetish, but there are fresh ones.
– Sweet potatoes are recommended to be regularly eaten by people with diseases of the digestive tract. It strengthens the gastric mucosa and improves the condition of patients with ulcers. It is also advised for prevention with a predisposition to the development of stomach tumors.