It takes 3 hours to cook puchero.
How to cook puchero
Beef (brisket) – half a kilo
Pumpkin – 60 grams
Potato – 1 piece
Sweet potato – 1 piece
Corn on the cob – half
Celery – 1 stalk
Parsley – 1 stalk
Carrot – 1 piece
White onion – half head
Bulb onion – half head
Olive oil – 1 tablespoon spoon
Salt, pepper – to taste
How to cook puchero
1. Peel and wash carrots and onions.
2. Cut the carrots lengthwise, then in half again (we get 4 pieces of carrots).
3. Put half of the onion head and 2 parts of carrots on a dry hot frying pan and fry for 1 minute over high heat.
4. Rinse the meat under running water, dry and put in a saucepan.
5. Pour water over the meat (so that the water covers the meat).
6. Put the pan on the fire, bring to a boil.
7. After boiling water, drain it.
8. Pour 3 liters of water into the pan.
9. Add carrots, onions, pre-fried, pepper, salt, bay leaf.
10. Boil for 2 hours, removing the foam, only slightly covering the lid (otherwise the broth may darken).
11. Cut the cooked meat into pieces or separate with your hands.
12. Strain the broth through a sieve.
13. Cut the rest of the carrot into large circles.
14. Wash the corn, cut into circles 3 centimeters wide.
15. Peel potatoes and sweet potatoes, rinse, cut into cubes with a side of 2 centimeters.
16. Peel the pumpkin from seeds, rinse and chop coarsely.
17. Cut the white onion into large half rings.
18. Heat the oil in a saucepan, fry the onion.
19. Put the meat in a saucepan, pour the broth.
20. Place corn and washed celery in a saucepan.
21. After one minute, put pumpkin, sweet potato and potatoes in a saucepan.
22. Cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables soften.
23. Season with black pepper.
Puchero is a traditional dish originating from the Spanish province of Andalusia and the Canary Islands. A little later, along with new geographical discoveries, puchero soup came to the South American continent (today, the dish is considered national in Argentina, Uruguay, and Colombia). With the discovery of the Philippine Islands by F. Magellan in 1521, the soup firmly established itself in this Asian corner.
– Puchero soup traditionally includes lamb peas (chickpeas), meat (pork, beef, chicken or veal), jamon, smoked meats (pork ribs, pork belly), potatoes, vegetables (cabbage, carrots, celery in stalks, turnips, pumpkin , corn, zucchini).
– Puchero is a very practical dish, prepared for several days. On the first day, the dish is served with rice, the next day with pasta. The sauce left over from cooking the puchero was seasoned by the hostesses with other dishes.