Pozole cook for 3 hours.
How to cook Pozole Rojo
Pork shoulder or loin – 1 kilogram
Dried corn – 350 grams
Chili pepper – 1 piece
Chile cascabel – 1 piece
Garlic – 3
cloves Onion – 2 heads
Oregano – a pinch
Marjoram – a pinch
Bay leaf – 1-2 leaves
Romaine – a large handful of leaves lettuce
Radishes – 1 bunch
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
How to cook Pozole Rojo
1. Pour mamalyga with water, cover and leave overnight.
2. Defrost the pork shoulder or loin, wash, dry and cut into cubes with a side of 2-3 centimeters.
3. Peel 1 onion and cut it into half rings.
4. Fry the onion in a pan, then put the meat and fry for 10 minutes until golden brown.
5. Pour 2 liters of water into the pan, put the hominy together with the water, peeled onion.
6. Boil the soup for half an hour after boiling, then add the bay leaf and marjoram.
7. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot with a lid and simmer the soup for 2 hours.
8. Wash and de-seed the pepper, peel and finely chop the garlic.
9. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan, put both types of pepper, garlic and fry for 1 minute.
10. Pour the oil with pepper into a blender and chop.
11. Salt the dish to taste, add pepper with oil and oregano.
12. Cook pozole for another 30 minutes.
13. Peel and cut onions, lemons.
14. To taste, you can sprinkle with herbs on top.
Your Posole is cooked!
Soup pozole (sometimes called posole) is a famous Mexican soup. Over time, pozole became so common that there were even pozolerias restaurants specializing in serving this dish.
– There are several varieties of pozole: white, red (with the addition of chili peppers), green (with the addition of crushed pumpkin seeds), meat (with the addition of pork or chicken meat).
– Before serving, you can break a raw egg into the pan with pozole (to taste). But in this case, the dish will need to be eaten very quickly, because. dishes with raw eggs will spoil quickly.
– In order to moderate the spiciness of the soup, it is recommended to clean it of seeds, and this should be done with gloves so as not to burn the skin of the hands.
– Since pozole rojo is traditionally cooked very thick, you can prepare the broth in advance to achieve any desired consistency of the dish.
– In addition to the soup, you can serve chopped avocados, cabbage, cucumbers.
– Since pozole takes a long time to cook, it is recommended to use a heavy-bottomed pot for cooking.
– If you need to save time or if there are no products for hominy, you can use ordinary canned corn.