Prepare the pork liver before cooking: sprinkle with salt, grind and leave for 10 minutes to easily remove the film and cut out the veins. After that, soak the pork liver in cold water or milk for 2-3 hours. Then lightly squeeze and rinse, cook for 40 – 50 minutes .
1. Choose a good liver – whole and evenly dark in color. If the product is frozen, then it is better to defrost on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator.
2. For softness, to remove the smell and possible bitterness, pour water or even better milk, as it softens offal; soak the liver for 1.5-2 hours to remove bitterness and make the liver softer.
3. Remove the film – the problem is that it is thin and cannot really be grasped, it is constantly torn. To make it easier, after soaking, rub the offal with salt and leave it for 10 minutes. After, prying off the edge of the film with a knife, effortlessly pull off the film from the entire liver.
3. Pour water into a saucepan, place over medium heat, let it boil.
5. Salt the boiling water – a teaspoon of salt is enough, more salt can “kill” the offal – in other words, make it harder.
6. Put the liver, cook for 40-50 minutes. If in a hurry, cut the liver into cross pieces and cook for 30 minutes. During this time, the liver is completely cooked.
7. Check the readiness of the liver by piercing it with a fork – the offal should respond pliantly to piercing.
Method in a pressure cooker
Boil pork liver for 7 minutes after the pressure is set, then wait for the pressure to drop for another 20 minutes. There is no appreciable speed when cooking pork liver in a pressure cooker, but this method is good when all the pans are busy – and you still need to cook offal. The only nuance of the method is that the foam cannot be removed and the bitterness characteristic of the pork liver can go into the finished dish. To avoid this, soak the offal in milk and add more spices when cooking.
Boiled pork liver pate
Pork liver products
– 200 grams onions – 1 small head
parsley root – 1 piece
bacon – 50 grams
lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
sugar – 1 teaspoon
butter – 150 grams
nutmeg – 10 grams
salt, pepper – to taste
Cooking in a saucepan
Soak the pork liver, cut into pieces with a side of 3 centimeters, boil in a small amount of water with the addition of spices and finely chopped bacon. Pass through a meat grinder 2-3 times (and it is better to strengthen the result with a blender). Salt the pate mass, add butter, lemon juice, mixed with sugar, and mix well. Roll the warm pâté mixture into a thick sausage, wrap in foil. Store fresh pork pâté in the refrigerator (in a tray) for a maximum of 5 days.
Serve on sandwiches with cucumber, red fish, herbs.
Usually, pork liver is boiled for salad, pate, pies, or pre-boiled before frying cutlets. As a separate dish, pork liver is not boiled because of the bitter taste. But pork liver is useful – it contains vitamins of group B (the work of the nervous system and mental activity), besides, its boiled calorie content is only 110 kcal / 100 grams, so pork liver regularly appears in the kitchens of Russian families. It is not recommended to offer a dish to children under one year old, after all, pork offal is too heavy food for a fragile body. Pork liver is very fond of our smaller brothers (cats and dogs) – for them it is enough to pour boiling water over the offal.
The cost of an offal is from 150 rubles / 1 kilogram (on average in Moscow as of June 2020). When choosing a tasty one, pay attention to the appearance and color of the pork liver – the film is not cut anywhere, the color is uniform without spots.
The shelf life of boiled pork liver is 2 days, chilled – up to 5 days, vacuum-packed – up to 1 week.
Salad with boiled pork liver
Pork liver – 250 grams
Chicken fillet – 100 grams
Eggs – 2 pieces
Mayonnaise / sour cream – 1 tablespoon
Salt, pepper, herbs – to taste
Pork liver boil. Boil chicken and eggs. Rub the liver on a coarse grater or finely chop, finely chop the eggs and chicken. Put all the ingredients in a bowl, add salt, herbs and seasonings, season with sour cream, mix, and serve immediately. With pleasure.