Soak pork heart in cold water for 10 minutes. Cut off blood clots and veins, cook whole for 1.5 hours . At the beginning of cooking, it is necessary to remove the foam, change the water to fresh boiling water every half an hour.
Pieces of pork heart boil for 50 minutes.
Boil pork heart in a double boiler for 2 hours.
How to cook pork heart
Pork heart – 500 grams (1 piece)
Water – 3-4 cups, plus another 3 cups 250 milliliters for changing water
Salt – half a teaspoon
Lavrushka – 2-3 leaves
Black peppercorns – 5-7 peas
Preparing the heart for cooking
1. Rinse the pork heart under running water. Then pour 3-4 liters of water into a saucepan, put the heart there and leave for 10 minutes to soften the blood clots. Drain the water.
2. Cut out large vessels, remove excess fat. To speed up cooking, the heart can be cut into small pieces, but whole cooking is recommended to preserve taste and juiciness.
How to cook pork heart
1. Pour the heart with 3-4 glasses of water, put the pan on the stove. Bring the water to a boil, remove the foam formed on the surface with a slotted spoon, cook for 10 minutes and change the water to fresh boiling water.
2. So that the heart does not stick to the bottom or walls of the pan, at the beginning of cooking it should be turned 3-4 times.
3. Boil the pork heart after boiling for another 30 minutes, reducing the heat – the water should boil slightly.
4. After 30 minutes, change the water again, add spices and cook for another 20-30 minutes.
5. Salt should be added 15 minutes before the end of cooking the heart so that the heart does not become hard.
6. Strain the broth, clean the pan and the heart from the remnants of scale.
How to cook a pork heart in a double boiler
1. After preliminary preparation, the heart must be cut into thin sticks.
2. Place it on the steamer rack in one layer. Pour water into the steamer.
3. Boil the pork heart in a double boiler for two hours.
Quick pork heart salad
For 2 servings
Pork heart – 300 grams
Korean-style carrots – 200 grams
Red onion – 1 small onion
Soy sauce – 1 teaspoon
1. Boil the heart, cut into thin sticks.
2. Mix with Korean carrots.
3. Chop the onion into thin rings, add to the salad.
4. Serve the salad, garnishing with drops of soy sauce.
Heart salad with cheese
Salad products with pork heart
Boiled pork heart – one, about 200 grams
Carrots – 1 medium-sized
Onion – 1 head
Gherkins – 5-6 pieces
A handful of walnuts
Hard cheese – 100 grams
Mayonnaise or sour cream for dressing
Salt and pepper to taste
Heart cut into strips. Grate the carrots on a coarse grater, finely chop the onion, fry. Cut gherkins into strips. Chop the nuts into pieces, rub the cheese on a grater. Mix everything, season with mayonnaise. You can decorate with a sprig of dill.
Pork heart is relatively inexpensive (from 250 rubles per kilogram) offal, but do not be afraid of either its price or the classification of “offal”. With a calorie content comparable to veal, pork heart is very useful primarily for the circulatory system, has a delicate taste and is widely used in cooking. By the way, when cooking, the pork heart is boiled down – about 400-500 grams remain, as with the purchase.
As a rule, pork heart is boiled for salads – you get delicious light, but very healthy dishes that can decorate any holiday table and amaze guests. At the same time, the pork heart in any salad will be the main ingredient, therefore, when cooking the heart in a salad, softness and the absence of pungent odors are extremely important. That is why when cooking, change the water. By the way, water can be boiled in advance so that when changing water, you do not waste time waiting for boiling. For example, you can boil a full kettle, from which to pour changeable water, or boil a separate pot of water into which to transfer the heart as needed.
To save time cooking pork heart , after defrosting, chop it into plates, but it is best to cook in a double boiler so that all the most delicious is not boiled into the broth.
Half an hour before the end of cooking, you can add onions and carrots to the pan, roots to taste – then the heart and broth will acquire vegetable notes. Keep in mind that the heart especially “absorbs” sweetness from carrots – do not oversweet your salad.
So that the pork heart does not dry out after cooking, it is recommended to cool it and store it directly in the broth in which it was cooked, no more than 3 days.
On the remaining broth from the pork heart, you can cook stewed vegetables and cereals ( rice , buckwheat ).
Boiled pork heart is included in the diet as an additional remedy for low hemoglobin, nervous disorders, diseases of the kidneys and gallbladder. The use of a pig’s heart in food contributes to effective recovery after serious illnesses, injuries and burns.
Braised pork heart recipe
Products for cooking stewed pork heart:
Pork heart – 3 medium-sized hearts
Carrots – 1 large
Onion – 1 head
Melted cheese – 150 grams
Tomato paste / tomatoes – 2 tablespoons / 1 large tomato
Flour – 1 tablespoon
Salt and spices – to taste .
the onions and carrots, finely chop the onion, grate the carrots on a coarse grater. Rinse the heart, remove the film, cut into pieces. Fry onions for 2 minutes, add carrots, followed by pork hearts, salt and mix. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring. Then add flour, tomato paste/chopped tomato, spices. Add half a glass of water, simmer for 40 minutes. Add melted cheese, stir, simmer for another 20 minutes.