Plum jam boil for 1 hour .
How to make plum jam
Proportions for cooking jam
Sugar – 1 kilogram
Water – 1 liter
Pectin – 5 grams
Water – 0.5 liters
How to cook plum jam
Wash and dry the plums, divide each plum in half and remove the pits. Put the plums in a saucepan, add water, cook over low heat for 3 minutes. Then put the plums out of the water, cool slightly, remove the skin, return to the pan and boil. After boiling water, cook plums over medium heat for 10 minutes. Pour sugar, cook the jam for half an hour, then rub the jam through a sieve and return to the pan. Cook over low heat for half an hour until thickened, 5 minutes before the end of cooking, add pectin mixed with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Pour hot plum jam into sterilized jars, roll up, turn upside down, wrap and cool in this state. Remove cooled jam for storage.
Fun facts about plum jam
– To make the plum jam thick, you should fill the plum with sugar and wait a couple of hours for the juice to separate. Then, when cooking, it will not be necessary to add water to the jam. Also, the jam should be checked for density at the end of cooking: drop a small amount of jam on a saucer and cool slightly. If the jam does not flow when the saucer is turned over, then the jam will be fully cooked.
– If the jam does not thicken, you can add gelfix – both during cooking and opening a jar of jam: pour jam into a saucepan, add gelfix and boil for a couple of minutes.
– To taste, 10 minutes before the end of jam cooking, you can add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, dried ginger or cardamom.
– You can cook plum-chocolate jam – for 1 kilogram of plums you need a tile of 50 grams.
– Dense, ripe plums are used to make jam . There are few gelling substances (pectin) in overripe fruits, so the jam will turn out to be liquid. A homogeneous mass (without rubbing through a sieve) is obtained by kneading the plums with a blender. This can be done both when the plums are raw and when the jam is cooked.
– In order for plum jam to retain its natural color , its taste and aroma can first be boiled (i.e., evaporate part of the liquid) without sugar: pour plum halves with a little water and boil for 5 minutes. Then chop with a blender and, stirring, cook over low heat for 40 minutes. Add sugar, stir and cook for 15 minutes with constant stirring.
– The proportions of plums and sugar for jam: for 1 kilogram of sour plums, take 1 kilogram of sugar, for sweet fruits, reduce the sugar rate to 600 grams per kilogram. If the jam is cooked directly to the table, and not for future use, at the end of cooking (10 minutes before the end), 50 grams of butter can be added to 1 kilogram of plums (it will give the product a delicate taste) and a teaspoon without top vanilla sugar.
– Readiness of plum jam is checked by putting a teaspoon on a plate – the jam should not spread.
– After cooking, heat-resistant vitamins are preserved in plum jam : K (improves blood composition) and P (strengthens the walls of blood vessels). The pectins contained in the product help to remove cholesterol and other harmful substances.
– Caloric content of plum jam is on average 250 kcal / 100 grams.
– Store an open jar of plum jam in the refrigerator. Closed jars are stored for up to 3 years in a cool, dark place.