Boil carrot jam in a saucepan for 55 minutes.
In a slow cooker, cook carrot jam for 1 hour and 5 minutes.
How to cook carrot jam
– 500 grams
Lemon – half
Sugar – 350 grams
Vanilla sugar – 10 grams
Water – 200 milliliters
1. Cut carrots into circles.
2. Finely chop the lemon.
Cooking in a saucepan
1. Put the circles of carrots in a saucepan, pour 200 milliliters of water. Cook covered for 20 minutes. Fire is small.
2. Drain the water, but do not throw it away.
3. Right in the pan, mash the carrots with a blender.
4. Add 350 grams of sugar and 100 milliliters of carrot broth. Mix.
5. Cook carrot jam for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Fire is small.
6. Add lemon to carrot jam. Pour in 10 grams of vanilla sugar. Boil 10 minutes.
Cooking in a multicooker
1. Put the carrots in a bowl, add water, cook for 20 minutes in the “Extinguishing” mode.
2. Grind carrots with a blender, add sugar, lemon and vanilla sugar.
3. Cook for 45 minutes in the “Extinguishing” mode.
The jam will not burn if you stir it.
– When boiling carrots, pieces should not peek out of the water, if 1 cup is not enough, add more.
– Cooking time for carrots depends entirely on the type of vegetable and how long it is stored. After 10 minutes, pierce a piece with a fork – if hard, then cook for another 5 minutes.
– Carrots for making jam can be baked in the oven for 20 minutes. The recommended temperature is 200 degrees.
A lime or an orange can easily replace a lemon.
– In Portugal, carrot jam is a national dish, it is even exported to other countries.
– Carrots are a vegetable, and according to the rules of the European Union, jam should be prepared exclusively from fruits. In order not to ruin the farmers of Portugal, who grow carrots for the subsequent production of jam, and to ensure the flow of dessert to European countries, the root crop was declared … a fruit! Interestingly, in the European Union, tomatoes, cucumbers, rhubarb, pumpkin and ginger are considered fruits.