Wash the pears. Peel off the skin, remove the core. Pour orange juice into water, add sugar. Put the container with the syrup on low heat, leave to boil for 5-10 minutes, so that the excess liquid evaporates. While the syrup is cooking, sprinkle the pears with citrus juice. Transfer the pears to a container with boiling syrup and cook the fruits for 15 minutes over low heat. Remove the cooked fruit from the pan, cool.
How to cook boiled pears in syrup
Fresh pears – 3 pieces
Lemon or lime – 1 piece
Sugar – 150 grams
Water – 300 milliliters
Orange juice – 100 milliliters
Cinnamon – to taste
For decoration – ice cream, nuts, mint.
How to cook pears in syrup
1. Wash fresh ripe pears.
2. Peel off the peel from the fruit, remove the core.
3. Pour juice from oranges into water, add granulated sugar.
4. Put the container with the syrup to warm up on low heat, leave to boil for 5-10 minutes so that the excess liquid evaporates.
6. While the syrup is cooking, sprinkle the pears with citrus juice.
7. Transfer the pears to a container with boiling syrup and cook the fruits for 15 minutes over low heat.
8. Remove the cooked fruits from the pan, cool.
– Calorie content of pears in syrup 275 kcal / 100 grams.
– Cinnamon will add a pleasant aroma to a pear in syrup if you sprinkle fruit on it using a sieve. A serving of dessert looks beautiful if you place a ball of ice cream on the same dish with a pear, sprinkle the whole dessert with nuts, add chopped citrus fruits and mint.
– When preparing pears for cooking, the core with the handle can be left, this will preserve the original appearance of the fruit.
– In order for the pears to evenly boil and soak, it is necessary that the syrup completely covers the fruit, otherwise part of the pear may remain raw.
– To find out if the pear is cooked, a small stick made of wood will help. When the pear is ready, the stick will easily sink into it.
– If the syrup does not cover the pears evenly, turn the fruit periodically. So they boil better and soak in syrup.
– So that, after removing the peel, the pear does not darken, its surface should be poured with lemon juice.
– The cost of a pear in syrup is 71 rubles.