Pea soup is boiled for 2.5 hours. First you need to soak the peas for 5-6 hours so that it cooks faster.
How to cook pea soup
Smoked pork ribs – 400 grams
Peas – 250 grams (1 cup chopped)
Onions – 2 heads
Carrots – 1 piece
Potato – 3 tubers
Parsley root – 1 piece
Parsley – bunch
Bay leaf – 4 pieces
Vegetable oil – 1/5 cup
Salt – to taste
Pepper – 3-4 peas
1. Wash the peas and pour water, cover and steam with boiling water, after cooling, put in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours (you can overnight).
2. After soaking the peas, cut the pork ribs in half and rinse in cold running water.
3. Peel 2 onions, cut one in half, chop the second.
4. Wash and clean the parsley root, carrots, potatoes.
5. Cut the parsley root into strips a few millimeters thick, potatoes into cubes about 2 centimeters thick, grate the carrots.
6. Wash and chop the parsley.
How to cook pea soup in a saucepan
1. Put the soaked peas in a saucepan 5 liters, pour fresh water and place on a quiet fire, cook for 40 minutes.
2. Put the pork ribs in cool water and wait until it boils.
3. Drain the water, rinse the meat, fill it with fresh water and put it back on the burner.
4. Put black peppercorns, half a peeled onion in a saucepan, keep on medium heat for 1 hour after boiling.
5. Fry the chopped remaining onion, parsley root, carrots over medium heat in a pan, preheating the oil, 5-8 minutes.
6. Remove half of the onion from the meat broth, it is no longer suitable for food.
7. Lay the chopped potatoes, cook for 10 minutes.
8. Add fried vegetables, bay leaves, salt, cook for another 10-15 minutes. 9. Put the chopped parsley into the soup and leave to infuse over low heat for 10 minutes.
How to cook pea soup in a multicooker
1. Pour oil into the bottom of the multicooker, turn on the “Frying” mode.
2. Fry pork ribs for 10 minutes. 3. Put chopped onions, carrots, parsley root into the slow cooker and fry for another 5 minutes. 4. Turn off the “Frying” mode, put peas and chopped potatoes in the slow cooker, pour water so that there is a distance of three fingers from the edge.
5. Cover with a lid, turn on the “Extinguishing” mode for 1.5 hours.
9. Pour chopped parsley, salt and keep on the “Heating” mode for another 10 minutes.
— Pea soup has been prepared since antiquity. The mention of him can be found in the comedy “Birds” by the ancient Greek comedian Aristophanes, staged in 414 BC.
– To achieve the taste of pea soup, which cooks fed in kindergartens, you need to use unrefined sunflower oil.
– To make peas boil faster, it is better to buy split grains. You can add a pinch of baking soda, butter or sunflower to the soup. Salt slows down the boiling of peas, so it is better to salt at the end of cooking.
– Calorie content of pea soup – 109 kcal / 100 grams. You can reduce calories by using chicken broth without using the skin.
– In pea soup to taste, you can add curry, cumin, ginger, lemon juice.
– Pea soup owes its taste to smoked meats, therefore, in order to preserve the taste of the dish, it is recommended to use them, and not fresh meat.
How many peas to put in soup
– A glass of peas is enough for a 5-liter saucepan – keep in mind that peas practically do not increase when cooked.