How to cook onion soup
Meat broth – 1 liter
Onion – half a kilo
Butter – a small piece
of 3×3 centimeters White bread croutons or croutons – 100 grams
Russian cheese (can be replaced with processed cheese) – 100 grams
Salt and pepper – to taste
How to cook onion soup
Cook meat broth from pork or beef. Peel the onion and chop finely into half rings. Heat a thick-walled pan, put oil in it. When the butter has melted, add the onion. Fry the onion over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring constantly. Then add meat broth to the pan and cook the soup over low heat for another half hour. Then add seasonings to the soup and add salt to taste. Cover with a lid and leave for 10 minutes.
When serving the onion soup, sprinkle it with croutons and rub the cheese on top.
Onion soup in a slow
cooker Peel and cut the onion. Put the butter in the multicooker pan, melt a little, put the onion and cook in the “Baking” mode for 20 minutes. Then pour water or broth, salt, pepper, mix, cook in the “Extinguishing” mode for 1 hour. If melted cheese is used in the soup, put it out 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
Onion soup in the microwave
Peel and chop the onion, put in a bowl for the microwave. Mix with oil. Put in the microwave for 3 minutes (800 watts). Add broth and bay leaf, cook for another 5 minutes at full power. Add salt and pepper, stir, cook for 5 minutes.
See more soups , how to cook them and cooking time!
About the benefits of onion soup
How to cook delicious onion soup
– It is recommended to cook onion soup over low heat, stirring often. It is believed that the longer the onion is cooked, the better it reveals its taste.
– Onion soup can be served with oven-baked small croutons. To give the dish a piquant taste, before sending the croutons to the oven, you can sprinkle them with grated cheese (it is better to use hard cheese). Ready croutons are added to the plate 3 minutes before serving.
— Onion soup with croutons and cheese is a traditional French dish.
– Onion soup saturates the body well and gives it strength. It is especially useful to use it in the cold season, as it also has a warming effect. By the way, despite the fact that the onion is subjected to heat treatment, it retains almost all of its useful properties when cooking soup.
– Onion soup is also an aphrodisiac. In combination with cheese and croutons, it enhances sexual desire.
– Onion soup is often used on the menu for those who want to lose weight. This dish is great for people who do not tolerate fasting. Onion soup not only fights excess weight, but also saturates and nourishes the body with vitamins and microelements. It can be eaten in unlimited quantities, this will only help improve the digestive system and limit body fat. The greens, which are part of the soup, also contributes to the breakdown of fats. With daily use of onion soup, you can lose a few pounds in a week.