It takes 6-8 hours to prepare the ollad, most of which is soaking the beans. You need to spend 1 hour in the kitchen to prepare the ollad.
How to cook olladu
per pan 5 liters
Pork tail – 1 piece
Pork – 300 grams
White cabbage – 150 grams
Potatoes – 4 medium
white beans (cereals) – 100 grams
Carrots – 1 medium
-sized Leek – 1 stalk
Green onions – several branches
Thyme – 1 pinch
Black pepper – 5 peas
Bay leaf – 1 piece
Celery root – a cube with a side of 2 centimeters
Salt – 2 teaspoons
How to cook olladu
1. Place white beans in a bowl, add water and leave for 5-6 hours (or overnight).
2. Pork (tails and meat), if it is frozen, defrost and wash.
3. Put the pork in a saucepan and pour in enough water to completely cover the pork.
4. Add salt to the pan, put the meat to cook over medium heat.
5. As soon as the broth boils, remove the foam and add the beans.
6. After the water boils again, reduce the heat.
7. Boil meat and beans for 40 minutes.
8. Add bay leaf, thyme, black peppercorns to the soup.
9. Sort the leek, wash and cut into thin rings.
10. Peel the cabbage from the hard upper leaves, wash and dry.
11. Put the cabbage on the board and cut into thin chips.
12. Put the cabbage in the ollad.
13. Peel the carrots, wash and cut into slices half a centimeter thick, add to the ollad.
14. Peel the potatoes, wash and cut into cubes with a side of 2 centimeters, add to the ollad.
15. Peel and grate the celery root; add to ollad.
16. Salt and pepper the olladu to taste, cook for 20 minutes.
17. Insist the soup for 10 minutes under the lid.
18. Finely chop the green onion.
19. Pour the hollad into bowls and serve sprinkled with green onions.
Ollada is a Spanish peasant soup. Anyone living in the Spanish countryside definitely has a pig, cereals and vegetables. Because of this usual set of products for Spaniards, ollada has become very common in Spain.
– Dry beans in the Ollas recipe can be replaced with canned ones. In this case, it is necessary to separately stew white beans in 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil for 10 minutes.
– If you couldn’t find pork tails in the store, you can cook soup with pork on the bone (for example, pork ribs) – then you can partially replenish the delicate bone flavor.