Boil baby corn for 2 minutes after boiling water.
How to cook Tom Kha Kai
Chicken fillet – 450 grams
Chicken broth – 600 milliliters
Coconut milk – 400 milliliters
Fresh mushrooms – 200 grams
Tomatoes – 3 medium
Shallots – 3 heads
Garlic – 20 grams
Mini corn – 200 grams
Spicy Thai bird pepper – 2 medium
Cilantro – 1 bunch
Lime juice – 20 ml
Lemongrass – 3 stalks
Kaffir lime leaves – 3 medium
Fish sauce -20 ml
Galankal – 1 large
Palm sugar – 10 grams
Salt – to taste
How to cook tom kha kai soup
1. Place the chicken broth over low heat.
2. Wash lemongrass, onion, lime leaves, 1/2 bunch of cilantro and place in broth.
3. Peel the garlic and galangal and add to the chicken broth.
4. Cut the hot pepper into several pieces along and, keeping the seeds, put them in the broth.
5. Add palm sugar to the broth. After boiling, cook the soup over low heat for 1/4 hour.
6. Pass the broth through a colander, remove all cooked foods.
7. Chop the bird fillet into small pieces and put in the soup.
8. Mushrooms and corn cut into large pieces and put in the broth. 10. Chop the tomatoes and add to the broth.
9. Add 400 milliliters of coconut milk, 20 milliliters of fish sauce to the soup and cook for 20 minutes.
11. Chop and send the remaining 1/2 bunch of cilantro and 20 ml of lime juice to the soup. Boil.
– Calorie mini-corn – 114 kcal / 100 grams.
– Mini corn is eaten whole , including the cob.
– Mini corn can be used raw for meals .
– The average cost of mini-corn in Moscow is from 100 rubles / 100 grams (data for November 2016).
– Small corn on the cob contains a large amount of vitamins A, B, E, as well as fiber and protein. They are rich in phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, zinc and iron.
– Boiled “baby corn” is combined with pasta, stewed is widely used in Asian cuisine .
Fresh cobs of mini corn are stored for up to 10 days at a temperature of +3 … +7 degrees.