Cut the celery root into circles and cook in a saucepan for 10 minutes after boiling.
How to boil celery root
You will need – celery root, water
1. Peel the celery root and cut into large cubes.
2. Add boiling water to the celery in a saucepan, put on fire and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Serve with vinegar dressing or use in salads.
– When choosing celery, you should pay attention to the color and structure of the green mass. Fresh celery has light green stalks with a sheen. Darker-colored stems are rougher in taste, but they contain more vitamin A. You should be especially careful with yellowish and sluggish-looking celery with dark veins. It is better to refuse such a plant, since the process of decay has already begun in it.
– Celery stalks are rich in vitamin A (healthy vision and immunity), vitamin B (nervous system function and energy metabolism at the cellular level), potassium (brain function and correction of allergic reactions), zinc (skin cell renewal). Fresh celery juice has a tonic effect on the body.
— Celery is often used in various diets. With regular use in food, this plant helps to lose weight, while maintaining the vitality of the body. It is especially useful to follow a celery diet for people with thyroid diseases, those suffering from high blood pressure, allergies, colds, and in general to increase the body’s immune system.
– Celery is a low-calorie plant. 100 grams of stems contain only 13 kilocalories.
– In September-October, celery is very cheap because of the season, you can buy more of it and make pickled celery .