It takes 2 hours to prepare 3 liters of manjo salad.
Harvesting manjo salad for the winter
Bulgarian pepper – 1 kilogram (preferably multi-colored)
Tomatoes – 1.5 kilograms
Eggplants – 1 kilogram
Carrots – 150 grams
Onions – 500 grams
Garlic – half a large head
Sunflower oil – 100 grams
Sugar – 50 grams
Salt – 50 grams
Vinegar 9% – 50 grams
Black pepper – at the tip of a teaspoon Hot
pepper – a small piece of the pod
How to cook Manjo salad
1. Select ripe vegetables, wash under running water, peel onions, peel carrots, eggplants – from stalks (if the skin is hard, it is also recommended to peel it). Rinse the peeled vegetables again.
2. Skip 1.5 kilograms of tomatoes through a meat grinder or chop with a blender.
3. Cut 1 kilogram of eggplant into circles (not very thick), salt a little and leave them for an hour.
4. Cut a kilogram of bell pepper into strips, a pound of large onions – into half rings, if small, you can cut into rings.
5. Carrots (150 grams), 1/2 head of garlic, a small piece of hot pepper, turn everything through a meat grinder. Mix the resulting mixture with the prepared tomato sauce.
6. Pour the mass into a saucepan and put on medium heat. As soon as the mixture warms up, add spices, half a glass of oil and 50 grams of vinegar, bring to a boil.
7. Rinse the salt from the sliced eggplants and add them, along with the peppers and onions, to the boiling mixture. Reduce the heat and simmer the salad for another 40 minutes.
8. While the manjo is stewing, sterilize the jars, dry and cool them.
Arrange the salad in jars, cool and store.
– Serve manjo salad is recommended as an appetizer for any fish, meat, and poultry dishes, and manjo can also be used as a dressing in soups. If the salad is reheated, it can be served as a side dish.
– Manjo lettuce keeps well for 1 year at room temperature and does not lose taste. Store an open jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
– Manjo got its name from the Italian word “mangiare”, in translation it means “food”, “eat”.
– The proportions of the traditional manjo salad – for 1 kilogram of eggplant, 1.5 kilograms of tomatoes and 1 kilogram of bell peppers. Even though the proportions suggest the most tomatoes, eggplants stand out the most in a salad, being lightly sweetened with tomatoes and bell peppers. Therefore, the salad can be called with full confidence balkazhanny.