To prepare lecho, you need to spend 1 hour in the kitchen.
Lecho with eggplant
Eggplant – 4 kilograms
Carrots – 1 kilogram
Bulb onions – 1 kilogram
Tomatoes – 2 kilograms
Bulgarian pepper – 1 kilogram
Hot pepper – 2 pieces
Vegetable oil for frying – 2 cups
Garlic – 10 teeth
Vinegar 9% – half a glass
Salt – 4 tablespoons top
Sugar – 1 cup
1. Wash all vegetables thoroughly.
2. Peel a kilogram of carrots, a kilogram of onions and 10 garlic cloves.
3. Eggplants, together with the peel, cut into cubes, after removing the stalks.
4. Grate carrots on a coarse grater.
5. Cut the onion into thin half rings.
6. Cut into cubes 1 kilogram of bell peppers, after removing the seed boxes.
7. Cut two kilograms of tomatoes into cubes. You can (but not necessarily) remove the skin from the tomatoes beforehand. To do this, place each tomato in a bowl of boiling water for one minute, and then immediately transfer to a bowl of cold water. After that, the skin can be easily removed.
8. Cut each of the two hot peppers lengthwise, remove the seeds and cut into thin strips.
9. Crush each of the ten garlic cloves with the flat side of a knife and then finely chop with a knife.
Cooking in a saucepan
1. Put all prepared vegetables into a saucepan with a capacity of at least 9 liters and pour in 2 cups of vegetable oil.
2. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the contents to a boil. This will take approximately 15 minutes.
3. Reduce the fire. Cook on low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add 4 tablespoons of salt, a glass of sugar, mix everything.
5. Cook lecho for another 15 minutes over low heat. At the very end of cooking, add half a glass of 9% vinegar.
6. Put the finished lecho with eggplant into jars and close with lids.
7. Banks with lecho turn the lid down and wrap with a blanket. Leave until completely cool.
Cooking in a multicooker
1. Pour vegetable oil into the multicooker bowl, put all the prepared vegetables, add salt and sugar.
2. Cook on the “Extinguishing” mode for 60 minutes. At the very end of cooking, add 9% vinegar and mix everything. The amount of ingredients used must be adjusted to the volume of the multicooker bowl, while maintaining the proportions. When harvesting lecho, the filling level of the bowl recommended by the manufacturer should be taken into account.
Preparation of eggplant lecho
Remove jars of lecho in a dark, dry place. Can be stored at room temperature.
– Eggplants do not need to be soaked to remove bitterness.
– It will be tastier if onions and carrots are pre-fried in vegetable oil, but lecho from unfried vegetables is healthier.
– Lecho looks spectacular, for the preparation of which bell peppers of three colors are used – red, yellow and green.
– Tomatoes and hot peppers for cooking lecho can be passed through a meat grinder.
– Vinegar is better to put at the very end of cooking to avoid the spread of smell in the room.
– Iodized salt for harvesting lecho is not recommended.
– As a result, from the indicated amount of ingredients, about 7 liters of finished lecho will come out.
– Arrange eggplant lecho in jars , previously washed with hot water and soda and sterilized with steam or boiling water. It is important to clarify which lids the jars are designed for. There may be metal seamer lids, or twist-on lids.