To harvest pickled cherries, you need to spend 1 hour in the kitchen. Cherries will marinate for 10 days.
2 cans of 700 milliliters
Cherry – 1.2 kilograms
Sugar – 60 grams
Salt – a quarter of a teaspoon
Cloves – 3 buds
Cinnamon – 1 stick
Cherry leaf – 6 pieces
Wine vinegar – 100 milliliters
Water – 200 milliliters
1. Wash 1.2 kilograms of cherries, remove pits.
2. Rinse with water and scald cherry leaves with boiling water.
3. Put 3 cherry leaves in jars. Having divided equally, fall asleep cherries.
Preparing the marinade
1. Pour 200 milliliters of water into a saucepan, add 3 cloves, 60 grams of sugar, a quarter teaspoon of salt, a cinnamon stick. Boil the marinade for 5 minutes after boiling.
2. Add 100 milliliters of wine vinegar to the marinade. Stop heating, cover the pan with a lid and let the marinade brew for 30 minutes.
1. Pour marinade into jars with cherries. Sterilize jars in a water bath for 10 minutes.
2. Get the jars, roll up the lids, turn over.
3. The snack is ready in 10 days.
– Cherry pits emit hydrocyanic acid during storage, so it is recommended to remove them. You can leave the bones if the pickled cherries are planned to be consumed soon after cooking (within a month).
– The bones are removed with a special device or a pin (a loop formed by the edges of the pin).
– Jars for pickled cherries must be washed and sterilized in advance.
– A water bath for sterilization is a pot of boiling water heated over low heat, in which jars of pickled cherries are placed.
– Another way to sterilize: put jars of cherries filled with marinade on a deep baking sheet and place in the oven (cold). Set the heating mode to 90 degrees. Sterilize 20 minutes.
– Cherry has an original taste and smell, which intensify when heated. The above recipe indicates a minimum of spices, if desired, orange zest, coriander grains, nutmeg, mint leaves, vanilla pod and even horseradish root can be added to the marinade. The main thing is that the spices do not drown out the cherry’s own taste.
– If you add dry red wine or a couple of tablespoons of vodka to pickled cherries, you get a “drunk” cherry appetizer.
– Instead of wine vinegar, you can take 100 milliliters of 9% table vinegar or a quarter teaspoon of citric acid.