Boil lobio for 1 hour.
How to cook lobio
Red beans – 1 cup
Onions – 1 piece
Tomatoes – 4 pieces
Garlic – 2 teeth
Red hot pepper – 1 piece
Walnuts (kernels) – half a glass
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Suneli hops – 1 teaspoon
Greens (dill, cilantro , parsley, basil) – 5 branches each
Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
Water – 5 glasses
How to cook lobio
1. Pour 1 cup of dry beans into a colander and rinse under running water.
2. Transfer the beans to a deep bowl, pour 2 cups of cold water, leave for 8 hours.
3. Cut into half rings 1 peeled onion.
4. Finely chop the garlic.
5. Cut 4 tomatoes into small slices.
6. Cut into 5 sprigs of cilantro, dill, parsley, basil.
7. Halve 1 hot red pepper, remove seeds and finely chop.
8. Chop with a knife (not very finely) half a glass of walnuts.
9. Drain the liquid that has not been absorbed from the soaked beans, rinse the beans.
10. Put the beans in a saucepan, pour 3 cups of water and put on medium heat.
11. When the contents of the pot boil, reduce the heat to low, remove the foam and cook for about 1 hour. The beans should become soft but retain their shape.
12. Drain the water from the finished beans into a separate bowl.
13. Pour 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil into a frying pan and put on medium heat.
14. Add onions to the pan, fry for 3 minutes.
15. Add tomatoes and red hot peppers, fry for 3 minutes.
16. Add walnuts, half chopped greens, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon suneli hops.
17. Put the contents of the pan into the pan with the beans, mix everything and add a little water in which the beans were cooked. The consistency of lobio can be compared to thick sour cream.
18. Put the pan on medium heat and cook for 7 minutes. 1 minute before cooking, add garlic to the pan.
Serve lobio sprinkled with the remaining herbs. On the second day, this dish becomes even tastier.
Lobio is a dish of Georgian cuisine. An accelerated version of the dish is prepared from canned beans, it will take 2 cans.
Cilantro gives a characteristic taste of lobio, its amount can be doubled. The more greens, the tastier the dish.
Walnut kernels can be pre-dried – this will give the lobio a more delicate, refined taste.
Tomatoes can be replaced with tomato paste.
The calorie content of lobio is about 280 kcal / 100 grams.
Store lobio for 72 hours in the refrigerator.