Frozen dumplings put in a saucepan with a large amount (4 liters / 1 kilogram of dumplings) of boiling salted water.
Add spices, cook for 7 minutes until the boiled dumplings begin to float. After that , cook for another 3-4 minutes .
How to cook dumplings
1. Pour water into the pan (for 1 serving 15-20 dumplings – half a liter of water), put the pan on a strong fire.
2. Add black peppercorns and salt to the water. If dumplings will be served with broth, then ground pepper can be used so that you do not have to catch peas in a cloudy broth.
3. Wait for the water to boil.
4. Put the frozen dumplings in a saucepan.
5. After the water boils again, reduce the heat and stir the dumplings so that they do not stick together and stick to the bottom and walls of the pan.
6. Boil the dumplings for 10 minutes, fish out the dumplings from the water with a skimmer or a tablespoon.
7. Serve dumplings with sour cream and dumpling broth, sprinkled with herbs to taste.
Your dumplings are cooked!
How to cook dumplings in gadgets
How to cook dumplings in a multicooker
Put dumplings on the bottom of the multicooker, pour sour cream mixed with water in a ratio of 1:4. Cook dumplings for 20 minutes in the “baking” multicooker mode. Sprinkle dumplings with grated cheese before serving.
How to cook dumplings in a double
boiler Cook dumplings in a double boiler for 30 minutes.
How to cook dumplings in a pressure
cooker Cook dumplings in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes.
How to cook dumplings in the microwave
Place frozen dumplings (200-250 grams) in a deep dish, add a glass of water, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Close the dish with a plate and put in the microwave for 10 minutes (at a power of 800 W). The dish is ready, bon appetit!
1. When cooking dumplings, you can add greens, black pepper, bay leaf.
2. Favorite “economical” and quick appetizer dish is dumplings served with sour cream.
3. Dumpling broth is also very tasty. Therefore, it is believed that boiled dumplings are a universal dish. Suitable for lunch, if served with broth, and for dinner.
4. If you cook dumplings at home, you can save up to half the cost of store-bought dumplings.
5. To quickly cook dumplings, you should boil water not in a saucepan, but in an electric kettle.
6. You can store already cooked dumplings in the refrigerator, after draining the broth (so that the dumplings do not fall apart) and cool. The shelf life of boiled dumplings is 2-3 days. Store boiled dumplings with a lid.
7. Water needs 3 times more dumplings: for example, for 0.5 kg of dumplings – 1.5 liters of water.
8. Boil dumplings in a double boiler for 30 minutes.
9. Calorie content of 100 grams of dumplings – 280 kcal.
10. The cost of store dumplings is 200-800 rubles / 1 kg. (on average in Moscow as of July 2019).
About the dough for dumplings
It is believed that the classic dough for dumplings is prepared without eggs and milk. However, such a dough, when eaten, is dense, like pasta, and it is too time-consuming to mold dumplings from it manually, while there is a risk that the dumplings will boil unevenly and fall apart during cooking. Milk will soften the taste of dumplings, but also make it less bright. A compromise option would be to split the milk and water in half, and instead of an egg, add an additional 50 milliliters of liquid.
– If the dough is too dense or trimmings are used, it is recommended to mix 1 additional tablespoon of vegetable oil into the dough.
– If there is no rolling pin , you can use a glass beer or wine bottle to roll out dumplings. It will not be so convenient and fast, but the quality of rolling will remain good.
– If the edges turned out to be very wide when sculpting dumplings , you can cut them with scissors or a knife. You can do the same with a screw pinch (which holds the ends of the dumpling together).
About minced meat in dumplings
– To taste, you can add fried onions to minced meat, but then the dumplings will be less juicy. In order to cook juicy dumplings with fried onions, you should double the portion of the onion, or add water to the minced meat.
– For juiciness, you can add 3 tablespoons of water or crushed ice to the minced meat.
– Salt dumplings should be with a margin, so that there is enough salt for dumpling broth.
– It is customary to use minced meat for dumplings from fatty pork and ordinary beef equally, but options are possible: only lean pork, only beef with the addition of lard, only beef with the addition of water.
– When cooking minced meat , you can addgreens for meat: dill, parsley, chopped green onion stalks. You can also add crushed bouillon cubes – they will give a bright taste to the broth when cooking dumplings.
– From the given amount of products, when cooking at home, 32 medium-sized dumplings were obtained, weight – 850 grams.
– The cost of products for cooking 850 grams of dumplings – 115 rubles. (on average in Moscow as of May 2016).
– It takes 1.5 hours to prepare 2 servings of homemade dumplings, it is recommended to cook a lot at once and freeze.
How to store dumplings
1. You can cook a large number of dumplings at once and freeze them. The shelf life of frozen dumplings is 4 months.
2. In order to store dumplings in the freezer and they do not stick together, it is better to sprinkle flour on a flat surface, put the dumplings on it and send it to the freezer for 1 hour.
After an hour, take the dumplings out, carefully collect them from a flat surface and put them in plastic bags. Tie the bags and put them in the freezer drawer.
– The main tradition in the modeling of dumplings is the creation of a “happy dumpling”. Usually, during the modeling process, a coin, salt or pepper is placed in a randomly selected dumpling instead of the filling (it happens that the dumpling is simply left empty). It is believed that the lucky person who comes across such an unusual dumpling will be lucky and lucky.
– Cooking dumplings in a close family circle has become a rare tradition. According to this tradition, each member of the family is involved in the modeling process, which performs a certain function. One rolls out the dough, the second cuts out circles from the dough, the third fills the blanks with minced meat, and the rest help to sculpt. Thus, when preparing dumplings, there will be work for even the smallest – for example, pressing a glass on the rolled out dough to make circles. Or putting minced meat on circles. – Making dumplings on your own is very good for health: fine motor work helps to strengthen the nervous system, the money saved will allow you to buy healthy vegetables or fruits, and the absence of synthetic flavor enhancers in the product will keep you free from food addiction.
– Traditionally, dumplings are made in December-January, when it’s cold outside and you want to do something without leaving your home. This is all the more relevant, since, in general, products become more expensive in winter. By the way, to cook dumplings, you can do without spending electricity at all: all products can be processed by hand.
– Traditionally, minced meat for dumplings is prepared from different types of meat: lamb, beef and pork. In the Far East, dumplings are most often prepared from minced fish. In the northern regions of Russia, elk meat dumplings are loved, and in the central regions, mushroom dumplings are more often prepared. The south of the Urals is famous for potato dumplings. Their difference from dumplings is that the stuffing is put raw in dumplings. Fans of diet food will like dumplings from cabbage or radish, both fresh and sauerkraut. Do not be surprised that during cooking, homemade dumplings turn slightly yellow – this is how eggs make themselves felt.
How to make dumplings
For 32 medium-sized dumplings (2 servings)
Flour for dough – 300 grams (1.4-1.5 cups or 14.5 tablespoons with a hill)
Flour for rolling – 2 tablespoons without a slide
Chicken egg – 1 piece
Water – half a cup (100 milliliters)
Minced meat – 300 grams
Onion – 1 small head
Black pepper – 1 pinch
Sunflower oil – 1 tablespoon
Salt – 2 teaspoons without a slide
How to make dumplings at home
1. Measure into a sieve over a bowl 1.25 standard 200 ml cups of flour.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the flour.
3. Lightly shaking the sieve, sift the flour into a bowl.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil to the flour.
5. Pour water into a mug and heat it in the microwave to a temperature of 40 degrees (to the touch a little warmer than body temperature).
5. Break 1 chicken egg into a bowl, add half a glass of heated water and beat with a whisk.
6. Pour the egg mixture into the flour.
7. Right in the bowl, mix the food with a spoon, and then with your hands until the dough starts to stick out of your hands.
8. Because the quality of the flour may differ from the standard flour, you may need a little more flour – then add half a tablespoon of flour and continue kneading the dough, only 15 minutes.
9. Roll the dough into a ball, put it in a bag and leave it to infuse at room temperature for half an hour.
10. Put the minced meat in a bowl, mix with a spoon.
11. Peel onions, finely chop, you can also chop with a grater or meat grinder.
12. Add onion, salt and pepper to the minced meat, mix them into the minced meat with your hands.
13. Get the dough.
14. Pour 1 tablespoon of flour onto the work surface and smooth.
15. Lay out the dough, knead so that it becomes a little dry.
16. Roll the dough into a sausage 20 centimeters long, then cut it in half crosswise.
17. Place 1 half in a bag so that it does not dry out (the dried dough can hardly be rolled out).
18. Remain half of the dough, start rolling it out on a work surface with a rolling pin sprinkled with flour (as an option – a bottle).
19. Roll out the dough into a layer of 2-3 millimeters, squeeze out circles with a jar or glass with a diameter of 6.5-7 centimeters.
20. Knead the scraps, roll out (it will be harder because the dough has become denser), squeeze the circles again.
21. Put the circles of dough on a plate.
22. Lay the circles one by one on the work surface, spread the minced meat on the dough with a teaspoon: for 1 dumpling you will have a small piece of minced meat about half a teaspoon.
23. Put the stuffing in the middle of the dough, then lift 1 half and cover it with 2 half.
24. Pinch the edges of the dumpling with your fingertips so that the edges are not very wide.
25. Pull the corners of the dumpling and bring it over the flat part, gently twist the dough in the same place.
26. Put dumplings on a plate and put in the freezer.
27. Similarly, make dumplings from the second part of the dough and the remaining minced meat: in total you will get 30-35 medium-sized dumplings.
28. Remove the second plate in the freezer, constructing the structure so that the dumplings do not touch. If there are plastic plates, you can safely put on top immediately on dumplings.
29. Wait 1 hour for the dumplings to freeze.
30. Put the dumplings in a bag – they will be stored for up to six months.
31. Boil dumplings – they will not fall apart during cooking and will give the broth a bright taste.