Place lazy dumplings in boiling water and cook for 3 minutes after they float to the top.
Place frozen dumplings in boiling water without defrosting, cook for 3 minutes after surfacing.
How to make lazy dumplings at home
For 2 adult servings
Cottage cheese 2-9% – 250 grams
Egg – 1 piece
Flour – half a glass of 200 milliliters in the dough and 30 grams for powder
Butter – 50 grams
Sugar – 2-3 tablespoons
Salt – 1 pinch
How to cook dumplings
1. Put the butter in a bowl and let it melt.
2. Put the cottage cheese in a sieve and wash it through the holes with a spoon into a deep plate. If there is no sieve, then carefully knead the cottage cheese with a fork.
3. Sift flour to cottage cheese, add egg and sugar, melted butter.
4. Knead elastic dough.
5. Sprinkle the work surface with flour, lay out the dough and roll it into a sausage with a diameter of 2-4 centimeters.
6. Optionally, you can mold a figured sausage – for example, in the form of an oval, heart or rhombus.
7. Cut across the varenichny sausage into pieces 1-1.5 centimeters thick.
8. Boil 2 liters of water.
9. Put lazy dumplings, wait for them to float to the surface of the water and cook for 3 minutes.
It is important to observe the cooking time of lazy dumplings: if they are overcooked, they will become too viscous.
You can serve lazy dumplings with sour cream, honey, jam, grated berries, condensed milk, toppings.
The difference between lazy dumplings and ordinary dumplings is the simplicity of cooking. For ordinary dumplings, dough and filling are needed, their modeling requires time and painstaking work, while lazy dumplings require only kneading the dough and cutting it.
Delicious dumplings – with a pronounced cottage cheese flavor, without the predominance of the taste of bread. Curd dumplings will not be too large.
You can cook unsweetened lazy dumplings: add cheese, mashed potatoes or mushrooms to cottage cheese. From spices, you can use garlic and herbs. When serving, sprinkle lazy dumplings with grated cheese.
Lazy dumplings will expand by about 20-30% when cooked, so if dumplings are cooked for children, you can make them half the size indicated.
Lazy dumplings can be made in reserve: after cutting, freeze them in the freezer. Can be stored up to 3 months. Frozen dumplings also cook for 3 minutes after surfacing.